Finally bought a Wrangler

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Well, my family and I recently moved to Virginia as some of you know and i started looking around for Wranglers. Theyre actually a lot like cobras, either well cared for an astronomical asking prices or beat up and still wanting an arm and a leg lol. Found this lil guy and couldnt be happier. 98 Sahara TJ 4.0 manual with 147k. She was a master mopar mechanics and felt great soon as i jumped in. Its so much different just to get in and drive with the top down and music blasting on the highway. Theres a few paint spots that are rough but the tranny, motor, and rear end feel solid. The ac and heater work which was also a huge plus! Image1465866316.159929.jpgSo much different not worrying about people dinging your doors and being able to get out of almost any situation lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Very nice, lobra97!

Gotta admit, since this last round of monsoon floods in Houston, I've thought about getting a plain-Jane Wrangler. Two doors, but with the straight 6. Looked a bit on Autotrader and found a '91 with 147K miles for 8995.00! Where else does one look for Jeeps?

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I want to get one myself, but just no room, too many cars as it is. Buying into a development where I can't ever build an out building was one of the dumbest things I ever did.

KyleSVT

Terminated
Established Member
Sick TJ bro! I love my 01. I really like the Saharas too. They are such a blast to drive! Enjoy it man

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
Nice man. Loved my 93. Reliable as all with 185k when i sold it. Had an 08 rubicon and an 08 sahara JKU and both were junk by comparison (80k miles on one and 108k on the other). Will definitey own a tj or yj again!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My granddaugher has a Jeep and loves it. Great that the previous owner took great care of the motor (and was a master Mopar mechanic). Enjoy it! :rockon:

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Very nice, lobra97!

Gotta admit, since this last round of monsoon floods in Houston, I've thought about getting a plain-Jane Wrangler. Two doors, but with the straight 6. Looked a bit on Autotrader and found a '91 with 147K miles for 8995.00! Where else does one look for Jeeps?

Yeah it rained really hard here the other day and i had already purchased it like no way the cobra wouldve gotten me to work, streets were all flooded lol
I would def look around theres a lot of TJs for sale but like cobras they dont lose value. I got lucky and talked my guy down to $6k.
Look for a lot of rust on the bottom to see if it was taken and beaten on, check ac/heater if that matters because theyre known to fail. Some people dont care but i have 2 kiddos so i needed ac/heat. Check for death wobble on hwy at high speeds. As far as the motors the 4.0 is bullet proof from its reputation. Guy rebuilt the rear end on mine and went into detail about the parts so i felt pretty comfy.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
I want to get one myself, but just no room, too many cars as it is. Buying into a development where I can't ever build an out building was one of the dumbest things I ever did.

Boooo sell a toy and get one! Its the 2nd best behind riding down the hwy on a bike with the wind blowing. Top comes right off and everyone looks in while you drive since youre up higher and your door is off lol. Literally just jump in and go

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Sick TJ bro! I love my 01. I really like the Saharas too. They are such a blast to drive! Enjoy it man

Thanks man! I def got lucky i think, very happy with my purchase. Saw some beat down jeeps asking $10k and owners wont budge like wtf? Only think i dont like is how theres no security with them. Doors off= fair game for thieves. My buddy literally got her window busted in the other day and they didnt take anything. Owner told me i noticed you locked your doors the other day. Dont do that anymore, its easier for them to open your door and take a look then close it with nothing to take. If they rip your top its $500, sure enough a few days later buddy had her window broken.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Nice man. Loved my 93. Reliable as all with 185k when i sold it. Had an 08 rubicon and an 08 sahara JKU and both were junk by comparison (80k miles on one and 108k on the other). Will definitey own a tj or yj again!

From what i understand after the tjs and before 12' they had a lot of motor leaking issues right? Im def loving it right now, family loves it too. Little small but its fun lol! Glad my boys are still smaller

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
My granddaugher has a Jeep and loves it. Great that the previous owner took great care of the motor (and was a master Mopar mechanic). Enjoy it! :rockon:

Yeah theyre awesome! Totally get it now since we live by the beach. Lifestyle is totally different out here then Texas. Its jeeps, trucks, and motorcycles out here. Yeah the owner went into a lot of detail on the jeep which i really liked.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Sorry for alot of replies idk how to do multiple replies on tapatalk lol

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Good looking Jeep sir, I have a 1997 myself and absolutely love it!

Thanks! I dont think i will be modding it too much...i know i know i say that right now lol

Users who are viewing this thread