Finally bought a Wrangler

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Nice Jeep man. Never owned one but have rode in a wrangler and they are fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NastyNate420

Established Member
Welcome To the Jeep Family. Dont Forget to Wave!
Ive had my 91 yj for 15 years (although my dog thinks he owns it now and Im his chauffeur) ....I still drive her a few times a week. They do retain there value well and Ive had countless people try to buy mine from me. The death wobble does suck balls but after 200k miles in mine I learn that you dont really driving a jeep....it more like you GUIDE the jeep. Its as aerodymanic as a brick wall and and between that being lift and large tires and short wheel base the jeep will want to drift at highway speeds.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Nice Jeep man. Never owned one but have rode in a wrangler and they are fun.

I never cared for them but started selling them last year and really got the bug to buy one. #NoRagretz

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Ive had my 91 yj for 15 years (although my dog thinks he owns it now and Im his chauffeur) ....I still drive her a few times a week. They do retain there value well and Ive had countless people try to buy mine from me. The death wobble does suck balls but after 200k miles in mine I learn that you dont really driving a jeep....it more like you GUIDE the jeep. Its as aerodymanic as a brick wall and and between that being lift and large tires and short wheel base the jeep will want to drift at highway speeds.

Yeah i think everyone just kind of ignores the wobble and keeps driving. These things were not built to be gas friendly or aerodynamically friendly lol. Most jeep people wave but i get the occasional with a rhino lined body thats too good for my old jeep and wont wave lol

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator

I know nothing about Jeeps, but wouldn't a simple steering stabilizer take care of the death wobble? I did a dual stabilizer setup on my old lifted F250 (on 37s) and it eliminated the problem completely. That crap was scary - luckily I never experienced it over about 40mph, I might have pissed myself.

I've always wanted a Wrangler. Towing capacity and high prices always wiped them off my short list when I'm actually shopping though.

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
Congrats man you're going to love it. When people say the 4.0 is bullet proof they're not kidding. Picked up an XJ back in high school with just under 100k and 130k miles of absolute abuse later it runs as good as the day I bought it. It just sits at my dads house now and still runs like a top when it gets driven once every month or so.

They are dog shit slow but have all the torque you will ever need offroad. I hate flowmaster but throw on a super 40 and they actually sound pretty decent. Enjoy it man!

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I need to find a bikini and go topless :)
Im still like why have i never owner a jeep!

13428428_10154344252073933_93871736902071335_n.jpg

Thats mine

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
I know nothing about Jeeps, but wouldn't a simple steering stabilizer take care of the death wobble? I did a dual stabilizer setup on my old lifted F250 (on 37s) and it eliminated the problem completely. That crap was scary - luckily I never experienced it over about 40mph, I might have pissed myself.

I've always wanted a Wrangler. Towing capacity and high prices always wiped them off my short list when I'm actually shopping though.

Yeah they hold value pretty good new or old they barely drop. If you ever get bored go to a dealership or if a friend has one take the top off and go for a drive. Nothing like the top off, doors off, music blasting to clear your head. Kind of like a motorcycle on 4 wheels lol. Honestly any yeah jeep is fine so a TJ is pretty affordable if you just want one.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Congrats man you're going to love it. When people say the 4.0 is bullet proof they're not kidding. Picked up an XJ back in high school with just under 100k and 130k miles of absolute abuse later it runs as good as the day I bought it. It just sits at my dads house now and still runs like a top when it gets driven once every month or so.

They are dog shit slow but have all the torque you will ever need offroad. I hate flowmaster but throw on a super 40 and they actually sound pretty decent. Enjoy it man!

I think the prev owner changed out gears cause it picks up quicker than the other tj i test drove. That or the other one was beat lol but yeah i def love it. I was thinking about an exhaust but was unsure if it would sound like shit or not. Gonna youtube some exhausts now, im used to my stingers on the cobra lol

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Welcome to the Jeep world!! You'll never be without one from now on!

My buddy told me the same thing and i believe him now. Theyre so versatile you can literally do anything with them, all weather, sand , mud, etc. Didnt believe it at first but yeah i get why owners love them so much

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
13428428_10154344252073933_93871736902071335_n.jpg

Thats mine

Thats a good looking jeep!
I need to change my hood latches back. Previous put some that lock but one side keeps coming lose and i can see the hood wobbling on hwy when i drive. No performance parts so stock black ones should be fine right?

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Thats a good looking jeep!
I need to change my hood latches back. Previous put some that lock but one side keeps coming lose and i can see the hood wobbling on hwy when i drive. No performance parts so stock black ones should be fine right?

I have zero wobbling with my stock latches

Thanks. It's an 06 with only 58k miles

Users who are viewing this thread