Finally added SSV and satellite to the Mach 460

Taz

Established Member
Hey, cats!

Since I don't listen to the stereo very often, I never got around to hooking up the Mach 460's speed sensitive volume circuitry or its auxiliary audio input until this past weekend.

Now, I can listen to Sirius satellite radio through the system, and the system's volume automatically adjusts itself according to the car's road speed.

Both work great! Here's a shot of the satellite receiver in the car after I finished the mods:

sat_rcvr.jpg

Oh, ya. For those of you who are interested, you can find details at the bottom of the Electrical/Electronics page on my website.

Happy trails,

T-

:coolman:

CobraG

Established Member
Taz, your site is awesome, I'm going though it and wow! Tons of great information.

Nice job on the stereo :coolman:

Taz

Established Member
Thanks for the compliments, guys.

As for the sound quality, Sirius' audio feed is excellent. Much better than any local FM broadcast signal, although not as good as CD (no surprise there).

I never tried the FM modulation feature of the Sirius receiver, but I've used FM modulation with other audio equipment, and it truly blows dead goats by comparison with any line-level audio signal.

I haven't yet jacked my RIO into the Mach 460, but it should be at least as good as Sirius audio. I'll try to remember to take the RIO home with me tonight, so I can try it out.

Happy trails,

T-

:thumbsup:

lasercobra

No SVT
Established Member
Just got Sirius too. (Howard Stern fan boy)

Got any write-ups on the volume mod? I want to jack right into the FM port on the radio to avoid interference, like a 6/12 disk CD changer.

I'm so dense sometimes :nonono:

I see the link in your first post.

Last edited:

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
Very cool, but your site kicks ass, very informative. Makes me want a KB in a bad way.

Taz

Established Member
JebTonkin said:
Very cool, but your site kicks ass, very informative. Makes me want a KB in a bad way.

Thank you, sir. And enjoy.

T-

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread