Finally, a vacation

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm headed out of town for my honeymoon, finally. We'll be South of the border until the end of next weekend.

I'll have a few drinks for everyone that'll be stuck working next week.

I get a few pm's a day from people with question, so don't get antsy like everyone in the AM thread; I will get back to you.

Every have a great St. Patty's day! Stay safe and drink all the green beer you can!

Nos vemos más tarde!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks guys.

Update. Plane leaves at 6am tomorrow morning. I went to check into our flight, when my wife booked tickets, she used her maiden name.

Her ID, passport, etc is her married name. Been on the phone an hour and counting already.

Great.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Thanks guys.

Update. Plane leaves at 6am tomorrow morning. I went to check into our flight, when my wife booked tickets, she used her maiden name.

Her ID, passport, etc is her married name. Been on the phone an hour and counting already.

Great.

That happened to us a few years back. We had to move the flight back one day and go to Houston to get a new passport.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That happened to us a few years back. We had to move the flight back one day and go to Houston to get a new passport.

Well her passport is correct... Just the flight was wrong.

I've called our travel agent and the airline, they both think it's feasible to get it handled...at some point today.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Congrats man. Enjoy have fun drink one for me lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just about for sure the airline will get the name issue resolved for you today. As long as they can confirm who you are, it should be easily doable. Well, have a great time on your honeymoon once you catch your flight. Take some pics, of course, to share with us.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Update Numero Dos.

The airline instructed me to contact my travel agency, OR bring our marriage license, her birth certificate, original social security card, and current social security card with us to the airport in the morning.

To be completely honest, I'm not worried about leaving the country; I'm much more nervous with having to re-enter that way. I've been on hold with the travel company for over 20 minutes to see if they are able to change the name and bypass all of this headache.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
If you get stuck on the other side of the border, I know some people who can likely get you back. Might involve some hiking and swimming though.

I would imagine they can just change the name on the ticket. Then again that requires competency and my last few airline interactions, the workers had none.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you get stuck on the other side of the border, I know some people who can likely get you back. Might involve some hiking and swimming though.

I would imagine they can just change the name on the ticket. Then again that requires competency and my last few airline interactions, the workers had none.

They said since it was within 24 hours, any change would be difficult.

Update Numero Tres.

Spoke with the travel agency, they were able to get her name change, however she will most likely be red flagged tomorrow going through TSA. Told us to bring our marriage license and her two social security cards.

Woo. One step closer!

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
good luck tomorrow! hopefully since it's early enough that if you miss the flight you can catch a later one. and being stuck in mexico (at a resort), what's wrong with that!

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Where are you going ? Cancun? If so which resort?
I love it down there!

nickf2005

Established Member
We delayed the update to all of my wife's documentation due to this reason. Granted, we went out of country 2 days after getting married, so a different situation.

Find some sun. It's good for the soul. We just got back from a week on Sanibel Island. Perfect weather.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Sucks about the little hick up!

Take some nice pics and stay safe!

oldmodman

Established Member
We delayed the update to all of my wife's documentation due to this reason. Granted, we went out of country 2 days after getting married, so a different situation.

This.

College buddy was leaving the country for a honeymoon the day after the wedding. He could see the bookkeeping screwups that were in their future so nobody was informed until after they had returned. He made sure the pastor did not mail any of the documentation until well after their return from Europe.

But I hope you have a fantastic time! And take lots of embarrassing, drunken pictures. They are a must have for the photo board at your tenth anniversary.

Users who are viewing this thread