Finalizing my build- need input

redrocket16

Established Member
So I’ve had my mystic terminator swapped for nearly 8-10 years now and the time has come to upgrade the Eaton. I’m building this to be the terminator that Ford would have built back in ‘96 so I found a 2.2KB (who doesn’t love that whine).

I currently have stock injectors, stock maf with a mafia, fore level 1 return system with 2 walbro 255’s.

New setup I want to run E85.

Part I currently have: SCT3000 MAF, KB 2.2 with 2 pullies.

I’m needing help with injector choice and if I need bigger fuel pumps. One shop said ID1050x but I’ve been told it might be overkill. Another is suggesting deka 80’s. Any other options to consider for injectors?

Lastly, will my 2 walbro 255’s be ok with E85 and support around 600-650rwhp?

I appreciate the help!

redrocket16

Established Member
I'd personally want a bigger pump. 80's will be fine at that power level, 1050x's will be overkill.

I appreciate the info @Tabres and glad to see an OG to this area chime in. If I’m needing bigger pumps I was thinking about dual hellcat pumps. Also will the 80’s support E85?

96dreamer

Established Member
Dual 255s should support around 800 whp on e85. Dual hellcat pumps will give you a ton of headroom over to grow in the future on e85 though. I was running one with sd in the factory 96 tank with sd80s and was making 13psi with a novi 2000 before fuel pressure started dropping off on e, I believe this was partially due to the small factory feed lines. The 80's should support between 7-800rwhp depending on the base pressure

Are you running a full 03 conversion with tank and wiring harness? Have you looked into a ms3pnp if you did a full conversion? The MS3 would allow you to run significantly cheaper low impedance injectors while also giving a number of other safeties that the factory ecu is not capable of. I know it is no where near what you asked but I like to spread the word for those not aware.

redrocket16

Established Member
Dual 255s should support around 800 whp on e85. Dual hellcat pumps will give you a ton of headroom over to grow in the future on e85 though. I was running one with sd in the factory 96 tank with sd80s and was making 13psi with a novi 2000 before fuel pressure started dropping off on e, I believe this was partially due to the small factory feed lines. The 80's should support between 7-800rwhp depending on the base pressure

Are you running a full 03 conversion with tank and wiring harness? Have you looked into a ms3pnp if you did a full conversion? The MS3 would allow you to run significantly cheaper low impedance injectors while also giving a number of other safeties that the factory ecu is not capable of. I know it is no where near what you asked but I like to spread the word for those not aware.

Good to hear too on the 255’s, I am going to see if it’s enough fuel with the tune and go bigger if needed then.

Yes it’s a full 03 conversion with tank and wiring. I have not looked into that setup but I’ll do some reading into it.

I’ve gotten what I consider a good price for the 80lb injectors so I’ll probably go that route too.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Also will the 80’s support E85?

They will. I had SD 80's in my car for years and made just over 800 on 50psi base pressure on E85.

96dreamer is correct about the 255's, too. I'm just an overbuild it and not run components hard type of person. If I can gain some headroom on the pumps for not a lot of additional expense, thats what I would do be it hellcat pumps or anything else as the option.

Users who are viewing this thread