Final 2022 GT500 in Production

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Imagine the buyer not even knowing he has the last one built.
I believe I posted it here but my local dealer received chassis number 2 for MY22 and they had no idea until the detailer (mustang fan) brought it to their attention after it was on the showroom floor.
-J

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I believe I posted it here but my local dealer received chassis number 2 for MY22 and they had no idea until the detailer (mustang fan) brought it to their attention after it was on the showroom floor.
-J
Hope he got a cut of the extra adm they probably charged after learning that

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Who cares?
Mustang museum/collection bought it for $30k over sticker.
I guess they cared.
But they made a fair amount of gt500s from ‘20-22 MY so these aren’t exactly rare.
I’d think finding the last Niche like engine ever made via the signed engine valley would be very cool.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Hope he got a cut of the extra adm they probably charged after learning that
Good point and we probably both know the answer. He’s going to be prepping my ‘23 Mach 1 when it arrives and I’ll ask him. He was bummed I chose to do the ‘22 GT500 myself but that one’s a keeper and the Mach will be a fun manual daily until I get bored with it.
-J

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I guess they cared.
But they made a fair amount of gt500s from ‘20-22 MY so these aren’t exactly rare.
I’d think finding the last Niche like engine ever made via the signed engine valley would be very cool.
-J
Wonder if it ended up in a chassis or like a warranty repair inventory stash

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Wonder if it ended up in a chassis or like a warranty repair inventory stash
I’m sure someone could find it with some effort but the possibility of a random surprise is better to me.
Hopefully it’s presently powering a ‘22 GT500 being enjoyed by the owner as we are stuck in winter waiting for driving season.
-J

fearthesnake

Established Member
I’m sure someone could find it with some effort but the possibility of a random surprise is better to me.
Hopefully it’s presently powering a ‘22 GT500 being enjoyed by the owner as we are stuck in winter waiting for driving season.
-J
Still not warming up enough in Ohio to drive yet? We've had an early Spring (Groundhog was wrong btw) and pollen a full 20-30 days ahead of schedule. Already cutting the bermuda yard, it's crazy early.

I guess they cared.
-J

Do we have any estimates on the total production #s for 20, 21, 22 yet? Didn't Covid shutdowns impact the overall numbers from original estimates?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Still not warming up enough in Ohio to drive yet? We've had an early Spring (Groundhog was wrong btw) and pollen a full 20-30 days ahead of schedule. Already cutting the bermuda yard, it's crazy early.

Do we have any estimates on the total production #s for 20, 21, 22 yet? Didn't Covid shutdowns impact the overall numbers from original estimates?
Yes there’s been a few nice days but I wait until all the salt has been washed away.
We had snow/sleet/ice on Friday night and this weekend was then decent with many cars out but not for me.
I usually wait til April.

On the 500s there was about 3900 made in MY22 and I believe the final number will be close to 12000 total but TBD.
-J

fearthesnake

Established Member
Yes there’s been a few nice days but I wait until all the salt has been washed away.
We had snow/sleet/ice on Friday night and this weekend was then decent with many cars out but not for me.
I usually wait til April.

On the 500s there was about 3900 made in MY22 and I believe the final number will be close to 12000 total but TBD.
-J
Don't blame you on the salt/brine mixture, I'm sure its pretty heavy.

4,000 avg for 3 years is pretty limited run it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread