FilterMag users?

I was wondering if we have any guys on here that use the FilterMag on their oil filters? If so, ever cut open one of those filters to see if it there is any added benefit at catching metals? My oil drain plug is magnetic and was wondering if this was just one of those overkill type products.

FX4ALL

Established Member
I was given one awhile back as a gift. It's on the GT right now, but I've never cut a filter apart to see if it does anything.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I've had one on my old foxbody, not my cobra though. I've thought about buying one though.

Thanks for the replies fellas.

I guess I'm just trying to justify the cost.

I do regular oil analysis and use all Amsoil products, and I guess I'm trying to take advantage of anything out there I haven't. These cars are so much fun. Worth any expense.

SlowSVT

Established Member
I have magnetic drain plugs on all my engines. The only thing I typically see is a very fine black paste clinging to the magnet. It's there to help me determine if something is really going wrong inside the engine

Blueline

Established Member
Hey Rob, I have seen guys really powerful magnets for cheap on a site online and stick them to the side of the filter, seems to work well. Hope that helps, may be a less expensive option, cant hurt either way.

I had one until someone at Valvoline stole it off of my car. I never did cut the filter to see how much it picked up.

LOL. Ran into a guy recently, that first discussed this product.

I admit, I am quite ignorant of this stuff.

Told me, no lie, that @ a Valvoline joint had his item stolen. I didn't know what to think...but sympathized. It seems the oil change monkey was convinced...

But thanks for sharing.

Hey Rob, I have seen guys really powerful magnets for cheap on a site online and stick them to the side of the filter, seems to work well. Hope that helps, may be a less expensive option, cant hurt either way.

Tony you are ALWAYS providing BADASS help buddy. :rockon::beer:

Will definitely look into the 'alternative' oil filter mags. Thanks. Actually never considered the possibility of 'options.'

Simply presumed someone had the market cornered on tis one.

Always looking for a new or 'competitive edge' when it comes to anything positive for these cars, so YES, GUILTY AS CHARGED! I am a sucker if there is a product out there that is even Terminator, positive specific.

Its sad really though. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread