filling supercharger silancers

justaf150

Established Member
filling supercharger silencers

will filling the silencers on my eaton make it run hotter? or hurt the performance any. ive herd both that it will and wont.. but come to think of it kb or whipple dont have any silencers do they ? and does it really make a big dif on sound or not even worth messing with? thanks guys

Last edited:

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
They do get louder. Your also right about other brand of blowers. None of them have them silencers.

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
I don't know if the holes help reduce heat but if there is any validity that the holes help with the heat produced by the Eaton then I would leave them alone. The Eaton produces enough heat as is, why do anything to increase it :shrug:?

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
If your pulling you eaton to do a port or an intercooler cleaning then it may be worth the effort of sealing the silencers, but if your pulling the eaton just to fill the silencers, its probably not worth your time. As far as adding heat, I personally have not heard of any evidence of this.

castellscl

Established Member
I'm not so sure, I'm in the middle of wanting to kill myself over some strange noise I 'm getting after filling mine.

I even have a different blower on it now and it still does it. guess what, the silencer holes are filled on the new one too.

I'm still trying to hunt down where it's coming from. I've replaced all the pulleys, and the blower.

what's left:

Silencer holes causing cavitation.
Bad EGR (waiting on tune from RET to do egr delete)

I'll find out soon enough if it's the EGR.

x_man586

Going to UTI
Established Member
I got cavitation after my pulley swap. I have filled the silencers and had no problems. I did not expect it to be that loud. I love it. I also changed the oil in the blower since it was off.

justaf150

Established Member
well i did it i pulled it off to clean the intercooler (which was nasty!) and filled the silencers and its worth is had no probs after doing it love the sound!

Scarpino

Established Member
Filled mine when I cleaned the IC and changed the plugs. Also stripped the rotors and would do it all over again. It does make a much louder whine.

LSUstang05

Established Member
Remember that KB and Whipples are a completely different type of supercharger compared to the eaton. Eaton is a roots, KB/Whipple is a twin screw. Different designs so they may not need the silencers.

That being said, do it. I plan on doing mine sooner or later.

HeadTurner00

Established Member
if your pulling you eaton to do a port or an intercooler cleaning then it may be worth the effort of sealing the silencers, but if your pulling the eaton just to fill the silencers, its probably not worth your time. As far as adding heat, i personally have not heard of any evidence of this.
+1

lightningmanny

Established Member
just do it....im going to do it .....then go for a whipple later....but for now a ported with no holes should be nice

WhiteLightnin01

Toyo Destroyer
Established Member
Would it be even louder with a stage IV ported charger compared to a stock charger with the silencer holes filled?

Users who are viewing this thread