Fiesta ST's shipped with front plate bracket mounted??

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Wanted to look into this some, because when I picked up my car the other day, after telling the dealership NUMEROUS times (and to many people throughout the process) NOT to drill holes in the bumper or put a plate on it, sure as shit it shows up with a plate hanging off the front.. Needless to say I was pretty pissed and immediately went to speak with the sales manager after waiting 8 weeks for this car, which was special ordered, to come in. They had 2 other ST's sitting there which also had plate mounts on the front as well, and the GM said that they all ship out with them installed from the factory (and if that was the case they should have told me that up front when I was excessively clear that I didnt want one. I would have purchased out of state..). As I looked around the dealership, the Fiesta's were the ONLY cars that had the plate mounts on them. I could swear Ive seen a handfull of cars without front plates and no holes in them online, so are they bullshitting me, or do they come factory to states that require a front plate? Sorry for the long-winded rant, but the purpose of special ordering a car is to have it EXACTLY how you want it, and now I have 2 1/2'' holes in the front bumper..

Last edited:

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Hmm.. yeah its just one of those OCD things I'm kinda salty about lol. I guess I'll just have some plugs painted up bodycolor.

DNT H8

Established Member
I find it hard to believe they do this from the factory... I would have them fix the bumper or you won't take delivery. Call ford and ask....

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I looked at the inventory at my 2 local dealers and some regular fiesta's had them and some don't.

Weird as we don't have front plates.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
I find it hard to believe they do this from the factory... I would have them fix the bumper or you won't take delivery. Call ford and ask....
I thought that too..but at the same time I didn't want to turn a car I've been waiting 8 weeks for away, especially with selling my other daily already.
I looked at the inventory at my 2 local dealers and some regular fiesta's had them and some don't.

Weird as we don't have front plates.

That is strange..

coba94svt

Established Member
I work at a local ford dealership, they either come in the trunk/hatch area or we pull them out of parts and install them. They should not be installed before delivery from ford.

Steve@Tasca

Actually the Fiesta ST DOES come from the factory with the front bracket installed.

This was a topic of discussion on another site and everyone said theirs came installed and when I saw our first one roll in on the transporter I went out to look at it and it did have a plate bracket on it. I was actually on the side saying they didn't come from Ford that way because I've never seen them come that way in 20+ years in dealerships.

http://fiestast.net/threads/front-plate-delivery.325/

Don't yell at the dealer, complain to Ford.

Last edited:

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Actually the Fiesta ST DOES come from the factory with the front bracket installed.

This was a topic of discussion on another site and everyone said theirs came installed and when I saw our first one roll in on the transporter I went out to look at it and it did have a plate bracket on it. I was actually on the side saying they didn't come from Ford that way because I've never seen them come that way in 20+ years in dealerships.

Front plate @ delivery? | The Fiesta ST Network Forum

Don't yell at the dealer, complain to Ford.

That's shitty! Not sure the reasoning behind it either.. I know some of the vendors (FSwerks, Cobb) don't have any holes in theirs somehow. Oh well, it was drilled off within 5mins of getting home anyway :lol: I'm going to have the bodyshop match some plugs and do that for the time being.

coba94svt

Established Member
We just got 2 st's today neither one have the frame in the front, they were in the back with the floor mats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Steve@Tasca

We just got 2 st's today neither one have the frame in the front, they were in the back with the floor mats

What's the front plate requirement in your state?

Maybe your dealer actually has someone with half a brain ordering the cars.

coba94svt

Established Member
In Indiana we do not require a front plate. They order them with out them intentionally. The owner of the dealership has us keep the frames off the front of st's, mustangs unless the owner specifies that when the vehicle is sold.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I have decided to remove mine. I'll plug the 2 holes in the front cover and get some kind of Steeda or Cobb decal to put over them. Not what I'd like to do, but I think it would look better than a big tag bracket. Then I'll fabricate some kind of hidden tag bracket for the front.

Steve@Tasca

In Indiana we do not require a front plate. They order them with out them intentionally. The owner of the dealership has us keep the frames off the front of st's, mustangs unless the owner specifies that when the vehicle is sold.

Minnesota does require a front plate but most vehicles still arrive with the bracket in the trunk as you're used to.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Minnesota does require a front plate but most vehicles still arrive with the bracket in the trunk as you're used to.

We require one as well, and my dealer said that they HAVE to come with the plate installed from the factory.

wheelhopper

Established Member
Just got my bumperplugs.com order today. I'll be filling in the bumper holes tomorrow. If I get a chance I'll post a pic.

Users who are viewing this thread