FI setups and HP numbers

Blown02

Established Member
Tim usually does a returnless system. That is why. With a return system you cannot bump the base fuel pressure without having to retune your drivability. I will not be sacrificing any drivability. Thats why the 03/04 cobras can get so much power out of 60's or 75's. They fuel pressure they are running is ramped up under boost even more than the +1# fuel pressure for 1# of boost. They are running up to 60# of base fuel pressure and then adding the boost fuel on top. With 83's I should be close to 90-95% duty cycle... If not more.
tim usually does a returnless? lol
I made 750/768 with 60# injectors years ago on a very basic returnless system. others have made over 800rwhp returnless and 60# injectors..

Do u know any returnless stangs running 1000+rwhp? the car i was talking about is return style, and it has 75# injectors, and makes 1089rwhp@24psi with a 284..

My last combo I had the 83s on my return style fuel system and the setup made 815rwhp@23psi, couldve gone 850rwhp, but this was a very basic setup.. stock 01 cobra motor with forged internals and twin 57s. But this time around Ill have my 83s on my new setup.. should be 1100-1200rwhp :), so ya, I think u will be fine with 83s.

Last edited:

bow tie klr

Established Member
Good luck with that! You have the combo to do it. What are you using as your base FP?

Could I have gotten more on mine with the 60's? Yes, was I going to risk it when the injectors go completely static at 5800? No. Im pretty sure the 83's will work. But then again every car is different and how it acts / reacts is different. I also may be changing my combo soon and will need more injector. Just gonna see where I end up with this first.

Has anyone made over 1000 with retunless? Not yet, that I know of. Im sure it will be possible sooner or later.

Blown02

Established Member
Good luck with that! You have the combo to do it. What are you using as your base FP?

Could I have gotten more on mine with the 60's? Yes, was I going to risk it when the injectors go completely static at 5800? No. Im pretty sure the 83's will work. But then again every car is different and how it acts / reacts is different. I also may be changing my combo soon and will need more injector. Just gonna see where I end up with this first.

Has anyone made over 1000 with retunless? Not yet, that I know of. Im sure it will be possible sooner or later.
I hear ya on not pushin the limit on the 60s.. just get the 83s.. they are my limiting factor in hp, and I went with them because I cant go BS3 yet.. True I couldve gone with an injector driver and 96s or something like that, but I listen to what Tim@MPH tells me.. I trust him 100%, and when he tells me that he lost a motor due to a faulty injector driver, thats a red flag to me, not to go with an injector driver because I plan on making this motor last a long time!
BTW, the 83s flow more than 83#, more like 86#..:beer:

bow tie klr

Established Member
Where did you get hig Z 83's? The only thing I have been told is that SD is coming out with a real set of 83's. I know someone was modifying some 60's to flow like 83's, but that stopped a while back. Thats why Im trying to stick with 83's. I don't wanna do an injector driver but if I have to I will. Thats why I was thinking 96's. If I go injector driver that is.

But Tim told me the same as well as James at RWTD. thats why I am holding out for some of the new HiZ 83's that are supposed to be coming out soon.

Blown02

Established Member
Where did you get hig Z 83's? The only thing I have been told is that SD is coming out with a real set of 83's. I know someone was modifying some 60's to flow like 83's, but that stopped a while back. Thats why Im trying to stick with 83's. I don't wanna do an injector driver but if I have to I will. Thats why I was thinking 96's. If I go injector driver that is.

But Tim told me the same as well as James at RWTD. thats why I am holding out for some of the new HiZ 83's that are supposed to be coming out soon.
The high impedence 83s are prototypes on my car.. they idle and run just like 60s and 75s.. they tested them on my car..

sparepartsshee

Established Member
hey blown02, or anybody, i think i have prety much the same set up u have, i have a reichard racing intake and the return style system without the sumped tank, what kind of horsepower and et times can i expect with the built 2v, bad ass cam, ported pi heads, low compression, 60# injectors, twin ford gt pumps, larger fuel rails with a fuel pressure regulator, twin garrett 60mm turbos, intercooler, and a tko 600, sct chip, thanks, well be ready this weekend, very excited!

Last edited:

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
Tim usually does a returnless system. That is why. With a return system you cannot bump the base fuel pressure without having to retune your drivability. I will not be sacrificing any drivability. Thats why the 03/04 cobras can get so much power out of 60's or 75's. They fuel pressure they are running is ramped up under boost even more than the +1# fuel pressure for 1# of boost. They are running up to 60# of base fuel pressure and then adding the boost fuel on top. With 83's I should be close to 90-95% duty cycle... If not more.

true, with my tune i see 82psi on my gauge and i run 60lb injectors

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Since it has been awoken, I might as well post.

Setup is in my sig. Built 9.2:1 motor, ported heads, cams, intercooled T-trim running 16psi. Made 570whp and 474 lb-ft of torque. I need to get that torque number up...

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^^It's pretty common for Vortech s/c's to run a lot lower tq than hp. It sucks. It get progressivly worse the more HP you make the bigger the difference is. I think that a lot of it has to do with the step up ratio. I've noticed that prochargers make a lot more tq that the vortech units do..

TClark22

Established Member
04 GT stock everything besides p1sc kit at 10psi and o/r h & catback...still using stock tb/plenum and headers

Made 391rwhp 399rwtq mid summer last summer.

Blown02

Established Member
hey blown02, or anybody, i think i have prety much the same set up u have, i have a reichard racing intake and the return style system without the sumped tank, what kind of horsepower and et times can i expect with the built 2v, bad ass cam, ported pi heads, low compression, 60# injectors, twin ford gt pumps, larger fuel rails with a fuel pressure regulator, twin garrett 60mm turbos, intercooler, and a tko 600, sct chip, thanks, well be ready this weekend, very excited!
Ive got a 5.5 DOHC with twin 67s not a 2v 4.6. prob 700-750rwhp on 20+ psi for your setup.

My old 4.6 DOHC(forged 8.5:1 sb, all stock 01 cobra top end) with twin 57s made 815rwhp.

My new setup(5.5 DOHC-Custom Twin 67s) will be running soon.. numbers soon...
Heres a current pic :)
austin1.jpg

turbo3.jpg

ENGINEIN1.jpg

Last edited:

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
Ive got a 5.5 DOHC with twin 67s not a 2v 4.6. prob 700-750rwhp on 20+ psi for your setup.

My old 4.6 DOHC(forged 8.5:1 sb, all stock 01 cobra top end) with twin 57s made 815rwhp.

My new setup(5.5 DOHC-Custom Twin 67s) will be running soon.. numbers soon...
QUOTE]

looking good!

Users who are viewing this thread