FGT to Gallardo

TFStang

Established Member
Anyone start out looking for a FGT and end up with a Gallardo instead? I have been looking high and low, but it doesn't look promising. I have been toying with the idea of a baby Lambo and it is growing on me more and more.

Anyone else have this happen?

Digital

Established Member
Anyone start out looking for a FGT and end up with a Gallardo instead? I have been looking high and low, but it doesn't look promising. I have been toying with the idea of a baby Lambo and it is growing on me more and more.

Anyone else have this happen?

Downside of the lambo is it's all one-off type parts. You can at least find parts at a "reasonable" price for a FGT. Unless ford makes a new FGT that car will be timeless. Lambo keeps pumping out new cars that look better and better each year thus greatly diminishing the costs of their previous models. Thus why it's much easier to find one.

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos...keid=33&makename=ford&modelid=12&modelname=gt

Last edited:

flattrack53

Established Member
I just find it crazy that you could of bought a non-wrecked fgt 3 years ago with under 1k miles for under 150k and now they are bringing 250k and up. At that price, I would look into different options. I don't know if I would look into a Gallardo.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
They are heavy and feel heavy. Also new car coming, values will tank even more. I'm not a huge fan of them.

TFStang

Established Member
They are heavy and feel heavy. Also new car coming, values will tank even more. I'm not a huge fan of them.

I hope the values tank! My buddy has one and I drove it a few times this summer. Fun little car with the stick. Not a fan of the paddles.

FGT's are getting impossible. Have I told you how lucky you are???

TFStang

Established Member
Downside of the lambo is it's all one-off type parts. You can at least find parts at a "reasonable" price for a FGT. Unless ford makes a new FGT that car will be timeless. Lambo keeps pumping out new cars that look better and better each year thus greatly diminishing the costs of their previous models. Thus why it's much easier to find one.

ford gt For Sale - duPont REGISTRY

Actually, maintenance on a Gallardo is pretty much like maintaining an Audi.

TFStang

Established Member
I just find it crazy that you could of bought a non-wrecked fgt 3 years ago with under 1k miles for under 150k and now they are bringing 250k and up. At that price, I would look into different options. I don't know if I would look into a Gallardo.

I think you have to go back a little further than 3 years to find a non - wrecked FGT with under 1K miles for under $150K. At that number you are going back to 2008.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I think you have to go back a little further than 3 years to find a non - wrecked FGT with under 1K miles for under $150K. At that number you are going back to 2008.
Nope it wasn't back that far. a few years ago there where many in Dupont etc in the $160-$175K range, $250K now seems Crazy to me:??:

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Paddles are awful, single clutch automatics are brutal.

Yes you have mentioned that I was lucky, once or twice or....

I hope the values tank! My buddy has one and I drove it a few times this summer. Fun little car with the stick. Not a fan of the paddles.

FGT's are getting impossible. Have I told you how lucky you are???

nastyl

Established Member
my uncle was looking for a fgt for his last toy, but the prices on em are so crazy right now, so he's down sizing his house and business a little and prolly gonna pick up a 05 lambo gallardo with 19k for 80k.

MAD IN NC

Established Member
.........You can at least find parts at a "reasonable" price for a FGT..

Not true anymore..... Headlights over $3.5K ea. and you cant change the bulbs.... Gauges! Last time my tach went out ~$1,300+ discounted. BBS wheels - Forgetaboutit.....

I did look at the Gallardo once before the FGT in '05, as they will still rare to find. Almost pulled the pin but I waited.... The FGT held and increase value even as I drive it with over 17k miles.... Gallardo (if purchased) is now is 1/3 of what I would have paid but as they say never buy a car for investment but fun!

Still turn more heads and get wood in the FGT :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread