ffw

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Yes, I guess you could say my car is borderline on tech. No cage, no loop and I don't know of a scattershield made for a t-56. I probably have a ds loop by then, but I don' want to put a cage in it. By the way, my SRA is in now and it made a huge difference. I'll be going to the track(SDR) this weekend to try it out. Maybe I'll have some new vid up with some faster times if it'll hook. The 3.90 gear is nasty. It spins all the way into 3rd gear on et streets on the street.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
F8LSNAKE said:
Yes, I guess you could say my car is borderline on tech. No cage, no loop and I don't know of a scattershield made for a t-56. I probably have a ds loop by then, but I don' want to put a cage in it. By the way, my SRA is in now and it made a huge difference. I'll be going to the track(SDR) this weekend to try it out. Maybe I'll have some new vid up with some faster times if it'll hook. The 3.90 gear is nasty. It spins all the way into 3rd gear on et streets on the street.

I will have a loop for the cobra, what times do you have to run in a vert before they want you to have a cage? I'm getting ready to put some nasty gears in the cobra had 3.90's, going with some 4.56's, I havea t56 as well.

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
F8LSNAKE said:
Man your car is sick !! Im on the fence with a sra, and going to level 5's ..
I do love my IRS on the street, I dont do much dragstrip runs, as there is no good tracks close,,,alot of street brawls though....can't wait to see the car..
Bobby, (spyder), and I will be there that fri afternoon.....:rockon:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
spyder, I had 4.30's in my 97 cobra with a t-56. They were great for street and strip, but I always thought it would have been faster at the track with 4.56 or 4.88's even. I just liked that I could still cruise at 75 to 80 on the interstate. I think the rule on a roll bar for a vert is either 13.99 or 13.49.

slo-poc, I was kind of on the fence as well, as I loved the ride for the street of the irs. Mine isn't a dd though and I couldn't pass up the deal I got. + I've always been more into drag racing and I think the SRA will be more durable. How far is SGMP from you guys? It's about 1 1/2 hrs. for me runnin about 80.

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
I have grown up drag racing( my dad built New England Dragway) along with 2 other major guys.. in the 60's so I grew up racing, just there is nothing close...I miss it sooo bad man...
Im getting back into it, thanks to bobby and his trailer haha!!!
I havn't raced in 4- years on a track im rusty...Valdosta will be the 1st time in 5 years gonna be a riot!!! I cant power shift my car at high rpm's that was my secret weapon for a tenth or 2 back in the day!! just wont do it in this cobra....I could go on all night....love racing!!!!!!

Last edited:

TurboJ2

Established Member
FFW truestreet is the bomb!! This is my third straight year running and it will be great to have some more terminators there this year. F8L did you run last year?

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Nah, I didn't get to make it last year. I was getting married last year so most of my playin around money went to that. I'm planning on runnin this year though and the Reynolds NMRA event too. Seems to be alot of cobras up around the Dalton area. Some of them are coming down to SDR this weekend how 'bout you.

slo-poc, I know what you mean. I could practically live at the track, I love it. Don't be afraid to powershift the cobra, it can handle it. Believe me, it makes a huge difference on these cars. If you don't already have one, get a good shifter and drive it like you stole it.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
F8LSNAKE said:
spyder, I had 4.30's in my 97 cobra with a t-56. They were great for street and strip, but I always thought it would have been faster at the track with 4.56 or 4.88's even. I just liked that I could still cruise at 75 to 80 on the interstate. I think the rule on a roll bar for a vert is either 13.99 or 13.49.

slo-poc, I was kind of on the fence as well, as I loved the ride for the street of the irs. Mine isn't a dd though and I couldn't pass up the deal I got. + I've always been more into drag racing and I think the SRA will be more durable. How far is SGMP from you guys? It's about 1 1/2 hrs. for me runnin about 80.

Good to hear. My friend had them and it was with a 5speed so I know if I went to 4.30's I would probably want more and not to mention my daily driver is the Lightning the 4.56s wouldn't be all that bad at highway speeds since I have a 6 speed. I just need a gear to go with the slicks and not worry about bogging, I would rather spin and be moving than fall flat on my face and bog the bastard. If you break your car Cullen I will have to just not race anymore, because I know my shit will breal right after that lol. Eric needs to be thinking possibly about halfshafts too lol. We will see and most definately have a blast.

TurboJ2

Established Member
F8LSNAKE said:
Nah, I didn't get to make it last year. I was getting married last year so most of my playin around money went to that. I'm planning on runnin this year though and the Reynolds NMRA event too. Seems to be alot of cobras up around the Dalton area. Some of them are coming down to SDR this weekend how 'bout you.

slo-poc, I know what you mean. I could practically live at the track, I love it. Don't be afraid to powershift the cobra, it can handle it. Believe me, it makes a huge difference on these cars. If you don't already have one, get a good shifter and drive it like you stole it.
Actually I'm coming down with BOOST FREAK, we are giving his Eaton a bon voyage party.... I don't have the break in miles on my McLeod yet so I wont be bringing mine......:(

TurboJ2

Established Member
slo-poc said:
Man, this will be a blast...can't wait....I also like bench racing an a cold beer!!!
Looks like FFW will be the shizznit this year...... All the termy guys need to park together in the true street event.

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
our crew is staying at the ho-jo's right next to the super eight.....

aka...cold beer central........

Users who are viewing this thread