lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
so does anyone want to head down to Jersy for fun ford in may
and hit epping in aug
i think it would make a cool caravan to travel down to jersy together

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
I'm definatly going to Epping, and it would be very cool to go down as a group. I will have to look into what plans I have for May to see if NJ is possible... :thumbsup:

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
Ill be going to epping when FFW rolls around there. Ive been two years in a row and its a blast!

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
yeah epping is going to happen for me as well

i would just love to go to jersy though, seeing as it is one of if not the best track in the states

slo5.0

Established Member
im a newbie from ct but i def wanna caravan down with some ford love ....also very bad with directions so id just follow u guys....lol

CTmatt

Established Member
what day exactly would you be goign to fun ford weekend? if it was a saturday or sunday i can probably make it, although im a little leary about taking the saleen on some of new yorks parkways. i went with a buddy to waterfest last year, and the roads sucked and were all pot holed up. wed just have to find some smooth roads:D

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
Originally posted by CTmatt
what day exactly would you be goign to fun ford weekend? if it was a saturday or sunday i can probably make it, although im a little leary about taking the saleen on some of new yorks parkways. i went with a buddy to waterfest last year, and the roads sucked and were all pot holed up. wed just have to find some smooth roads:D

Fortunately for you, new hampsire is above CT, which means no NY driving. If i had to drive through NY to get to FFW i might just not go, i HATE driving through that putrid state!
I plan on heading up either friday night after work, or saturday morning. The last two times ive gone ive had my g/f with me, but now that shes an ex i guess ill be treading this path alone, hahahahaha! If anyone is leaving around when i would be id love to join a caravan headed up.

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
Ooh, thanks for pointing that out lightninmike, didnt even pay enough attention to see that its in NJ this year too. Hmmm.....only thing holding me back is the drive through hell(NY state). Went to englishtown for one of the final drag days they had last season, it was a blast, very nice track. Maybe ill have to go.

Last edited:

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
ah come on your only in NY for 25 miles!!!! its not that bad
acctualy i am going to jersy tonight for work, and was there monday night
its not bad at all, just that little stint before the GW but even that is only 2-3 miles

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
Oh god, even if i do go i always stay FAR away from the GW! I always head over the tapanzee, keeps me away from the city and the major traffic. If i can afford it, i think i will do the NJ FFW.

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by notdisturbed
Oh god, even if i do go i always stay FAR away from the GW! I always head over the tapanzee, keeps me away from the city and the major traffic. If i can afford it, i think i will do the NJ FFW.

I-287 WB across the Tappan Zee bridge and then through Rockland County is just as smooth as I-84 is from Waterbury to Danbury. At least NY State marks their secondary roads well where as CT many times doesn't mark their secondary roads. Makes getting lost a pia. But then again, my car hasn't been south of I-84 since I got it.

Users who are viewing this thread