Few shots of my new 05 GT

rdvenom99

Established Member
Well I sold my 99 cobra last month and was planning on saving to get a 07 cobra. I missed my cobra so much I couldn't live without a nice car for another year+. Maybe I can trade up to the cobra later on. :D

Let me tell you I'm glad I bought it though. This is an amazing car that is almost as fast as my nearly full bolt on 99 cobra in stock form. Anyways let me know what you guys think. :beer:

05stang-01.jpg

05stang-04.jpg

05stang-03.jpg

05stang-05.jpg

05stang-09.jpg

Coiled-up-GT

Careful with the Eyes...
Established Member
nice car man, my buddy just bought one too and he loves it. he has an axle back exhaust system and a programmer. with the programmer, he's really having fun modding it out.

as far as the new cobras go, don't get too excited, i doubt your average person will be able to afford one. if you get one, keep it because that's all you'll see! NO more cobras after that...sorry!

most people think these cars will be flooding the dealerships like the current '03 plus cobras...hah, highly unlikely. it's going to be a special edition cobra, not your average one that everybody can go buy at the local dealership. this car is currently estimated between 55-60k, if not more.

imo, it's not worth it...just put a kb on a current one.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'd be interested to see how the new GT stacks up against the '03/'04 Mach 1. I always liked black GTs. Just be sure you keep the bad boy clean! LOL!

SVTDarin

Established Member
The 05's are the best looking stangs since 1970. :rockon:

Get some black wheels with a polished lip, tint, and a 1" drop and I would have to roll one off every time I saw the car. :rockon:

2000 MGT

Coiled-up-GT said:
nice car man, my buddy just bought one too and he loves it. he has an axle back exhaust system and a programmer. with the programmer, he's really having fun modding it out.

as far as the new cobras go, don't get too excited, i doubt your average person will be able to afford one. if you get one, keep it because that's all you'll see! NO more cobras after that...sorry!

most people think these cars will be flooding the dealerships like the current '03 plus cobras...hah, highly unlikely. it's going to be a special edition cobra, not your average one that everybody can go buy at the local dealership. this car is currently estimated between 55-60k, if not more.

you are severely misquoted.....Cobras will continue to be made; they're not going to stop making their flagship Mustang. Also; the Cobra is estimated to be around $40K. It is not ANYWHERE near the $60K mark.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
00StangGT said:
you are severely misquoted.....Cobras will continue to be made; they're not going to stop making their flagship Mustang. Also; the Cobra is estimated to be around $40K. It is not ANYWHERE near the $60K mark.

:beer: ;-)

NinoAvila

Who's awesome....YOU ARE!
Established Member
Niiice

Nice. Welcome to the '05 club. Black is a great color but after owning a black ALtima, I promised myself NEVER again. I don't know how, but here in the Armpit of the U.S., some how, some way....the dealership had the EXACT mustang I wanted. What were the odds? I snapped it up.

It responds very well to Mods. I haven't taken mine to a dyno yet...it's an "off the shelf" tune from JMS Chips. I will be taking her to the track as soon as I get my tires/rims in as well.

Again, congrats and it looks great (even without the spoiler). Enjoy it :)

-N

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
My wife's Jag is black :xpl: It seems like I can never get it completely clean.

rdvenom99

Established Member
Thanks for the comments!

Black03Serpent, yeah I have the mycolor feature and I love it. I usually change between blood red and dark blue color.

4.6 Rocket, I think my cobra was slighty faster but this car seems to get a bit quicker everytime I drive it. It was much harder to chirp 3rd in my cobra and it's no problem in the 05. I'll add a CAI, tune and axle-back exhaust and it will be faster than the cobra I'm sure. It handles better then the cobra did though for sure.

NinoAvila, I know what you mean. Black looks awesome when its clean but its so hard to keep it clean. I really like the look without the spolier. I'm gonna wait to get a ducktail spoiler like the GT500 has I think.

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
didnt know they made bullits for them already, i must be lost but I love the car!

Users who are viewing this thread