Few Questions

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
I am looking to make a few changes to the cobra. Would like some input.

We can not get E85 local here but can order it and would like to do a E85 tune for track days. My question with this is can i get a system that will work with E85 or will the system be too big for my 93 street tune. Right now i have a return style fuel set up with a sump tank. I have an A1000 fuel pump with 80 pound injectors. I was planning to go to an Eleminator and ID1000s to run E85. but i am not sure if it can scale down to run 93. Thoughts?

I have a slot style BA5000 MAF. What power range are these good to?

I am looking to get new plugs and coils. Most people say run the Ford Racing coil packs which is fine. But what plugs are you turbo guys running? My current set is the NGK TR6. Are the IX plugs the way to go? What did you gap them at?

I am running a hellion setup. Is there any reason to upgrade the stock manafolds to some shorty headers? I have an exhaust leak and will have to take them off to change the gaskets anyway.

I have went with a solid axel out of a 04 mach with moser axels. I have the Team Z rear springs and shocks. Is the rest of the street beast kit worth the cash?

Thanks for all the input.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
There is no such things as "too big" in terms of your fuel system. What you listed will probably tap out on E85 at round 800-900rwhp and you will need two tunes that you will switch between. One for pump one for E85.

A BA5000 in a 3-4 tube will support 800-900rwhp as well.

Factory coils are best and the only difference in plug is the tip. Gap as far as you can that you don't blow spark out.

There is no advantage to shorties on a hellion it will actually lose power more than likely as the cast manifolds keep heat in better.

Rear suspension is the most important part of making a good pass. Call Team Z tell them your goals let them set you up.

Droppintwins

Established Member
I am looking to make a few changes to the cobra. Would like some input.

We can not get E85 local here but can order it and would like to do a E85 tune for track days. My question with this is can i get a system that will work with E85 or will the system be too big for my 93 street tune. Right now i have a return style fuel set up with a sump tank. I have an A1000 fuel pump with 80 pound injectors. I was planning to go to an Eleminator and ID1000s to run E85. but i am not sure if it can scale down to run 93. Thoughts?

I have a slot style BA5000 MAF. What power range are these good to?

I am looking to get new plugs and coils. Most people say run the Ford Racing coil packs which is fine. But what plugs are you turbo guys running? My current set is the NGK TR6. Are the IX plugs the way to go? What did you gap them at?

I am running a hellion setup. Is there any reason to upgrade the stock manafolds to some shorty headers? I have an exhaust leak and will have to take them off to change the gaskets anyway.

I have went with a solid axel out of a 04 mach with moser axels. I have the Team Z rear springs and shocks. Is the rest of the street beast kit worth the cash?

Thanks for all the input.

You are also better off with ID1300 for E85 use as they are a stainless internal injector and you will not have the possible corrision problems that you may have with ID 1000's. I have the 1300's and they work great and can be tuned with a stock computer. Also as far as I know you will need to mount the BA 5000 in a 3" tube as a 4" tube will not pass enough air at idle to make the car recognize it and Idle. I found this out the hard way!

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
While the ID1300 comment is true, if you keep the fuel from sitting for long periods and run normal gas as often as you say I wouldn't be scared to run Bosch 105's or ID 1000's.

Edit: Coming from someone with ID 1300's and now 1700's.

Droppintwins

Established Member
While the ID1300 comment is true, if you keep the fuel from sitting for long periods and run normal gas as often as you say I wouldn't be scared to run Bosch 105's or ID 1000's.

Edit: Coming from someone with ID 1300's and now 1700's.

I second that. I currently run the 1300's myself. I have thought of switching to 1700's. Can you run these with the stock computer? I am very close to the limit of my 1300's so I have been thinking about making the upgrade.

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
Sounds like the 1300s is the way to go. Huge price jump between the 1000s and the 1300s. But gotta pay to play.

Users who are viewing this thread