Few questions regarding my new setup

KB_GT

Potato Peeler
Established Member
I have two questions ya'll might be able to answer for me.
New Setup:MMR StreetMod 750 shortblock at 8.95:1, Stock P.I. heads, and a KB 2.1. All through a 4r70w with a transgo HD2 shift kit, and plate cooler.

My car is running again after blowing the bottom end in December and im looking into getting a tune. Obviously im going to need to put a few hundred miles on this new engine before I can have it tuned, so my first question is whether or not I should get a tune for the break in. I currently have the canned tune from KB when I first got the kit. I would prefer to just stick to that for the break in and then get a better tune after. Does that sound like reasonable plan?
My second question is who should I go to for the new tune? I was considering Amazon or PSI. Amazon seems like it would be a much more convenient option, and less expensive as well, but I have heard great things about PSI too.

I do plan on making more power down the road but that wont be for a while. Also, I currently do not have a hand held tuner but I was planning on going SCT.

I live in Houston, but I'm going to school in San Marcos. The car will be driven daily.

Thanks for any advice/help!

Users who are viewing this thread