Ferrari F430 vs. '03 cobra clone

Invictus

Banned
Well, Im hardly ever in this section because I just don't do much street racing (if ever) but I could not pass this up and had to share.

I was on my way to Baton Rouge from Hammond on I-55 getting ready to hit I-12 when I spotted it and I turned going completely out of my way just to catch a better glimpse of such a nice car. It was an unmistakable yellow F-430 convertible with a black top. I could hear the exhaust tone over my engine and it was beautiful! I pull up along side on I-55 and he immediately gives me a thumbs up and continues on but I enticed him a bit : )

Finally he bites and I see him coming up on me quick. Going about 50-60ish, I drop it into 3rd and build up a few more RPMs and right about the time he gets even with me I hit it WOT. He continues to pull about a car on me and at the top of 3rd i'm dead even, perfect shift into 4th and I pretty much slingshot by him and put 2-3 on him and let off. I'm estimating I was around 120-130 MPH but wasn't paying much attention.

I'm assuming the Ferrari was stock and i'm basically full-bolt ons w/ longtubes and a 2.93 upper make just shy of 440 RWHP at 15 degrees. (Car is my DD)

Anyways the guy was a good sport, I noticed him smiling ear to ear and was giving me thumbs up even after being beat!

Needless to say it was a nice detour, and a BEAUTIFUL looking Ferrari.

---Cliffnotes
Race F-430
Put 2-3 cars on it and let off
Guy is good sport about it
Made my day, and entire week =)

LC281

Established Member
very nice my friend!!! i would be smiling ear to ear if i would have pulled a f430!! heck i hardley even see them here where im from!!!! good kill!!! another chalk mark on the board:rockon:

Invictus

Banned
Believe me... This made my entire week. I was so proud of my car (LOL) It felt great. I don't really race the car much so it was definately a thrill! These cars (03/04's) never cease to amaze me. I've seen this Ferrari around town several times so he drives this thing every day apparently.

I can't help but wonder if he was thinking I was just "another mustang" or if I suprised him by actully pulling car lengths on him! You know... Being that it was a Ferrari and all =P

Last edited:

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
You forgot to ask him what the resale value on it was?

JK, good kill, I would brag about that for weeks.

98Snake03

I8URVET
Established Member
wow...good kill....I tried to race a 360 once but he laughed at me and turned.

Alensvsix

Established Member
Nice to hear that.
MAAAN NOW I WISH TO OWN A 03 COBRA SOOOOO BAAAAD:)
Over here people think when you drive a Sixer you can beat a ferrari...3.8 is a hell of a number..not to think about to have the engine and the look....WOW
You know what guys Iam at this point "only a Vsixer" but as soon as I get the chance I will buy myself a 03 cobra and share the pictures moddingquestions and everything with you!
back to the thread;-)

Invictus

Banned
Nice to hear that.
MAAAN NOW I WISH TO OWN A 03 COBRA SOOOOO BAAAAD:)
Over here people think when you drive a Sixer you can beat a ferrari...3.8 is a hell of a number..not to think about to have the engine and the look....WOW
You know what guys Iam at this point "only a Vsixer" but as soon as I get the chance I will buy myself a 03 cobra and share the pictures moddingquestions and everything with you!
back to the thread;-)

Gotta start somewhere man! My car was once just a "Vsixer" too :beer:

LC281

Established Member
was it a fiero w/ a body kit??

HAHAHAHA that was a good one!! same here i wish i could p/u an 03/04 so bad. i would gladley give a testie and my car for one!!!!!! my buddy back in AZ has one that is KB'd and it felt like it pulled harder than when i went for a ride in a supercharged 01 viper gts.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
HAHAHAHA that was a good one!! same here i wish i could p/u an 03/04 so bad. i would gladley give a testie and my car for one!!!!!! my buddy back in AZ has one that is KB'd and it felt like it pulled harder than when i went for a ride in a supercharged 01 viper gts.

Powerband of the KB FTW. I rode in a friends KB Terminator and it was intense. His made 700 rwhp.

LC281

Established Member
Powerband of the KB FTW. I rode in a friends KB Terminator and it was intense. His made 700 rwhp.

**** ya!!!!! his made a little less, like around 650ish to the wheels, but still it was very rare for him to get outgunned in our area! only until one of our buddies out of no where TT his c5 zo6. now let me tell you those two running put on a good show everytime, i dont know exactly his numbers but they were pretty much dead even! but IMO i still would of taken the KB anyday:banana:

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
I wonder if he is on FerrariChat.com trying to explain how a V6 mustang pulled him on the topend.

whipplecharged0

Established Member
awesome kill. would love the opportunity to run one of those even though my car is not as stout as yours at the present moment but will be in a few months.

Users who are viewing this thread