FELPRO Header gaskets

Birchman1310

Established Member
Hey guys. Searched a bunch and couldn't get a recent thread with what I'm looking for.

I recently had a leak from the passenger side header, where it meets the block. I have bbk longtubes and had the gasket changed out with the ones that came with the headers. Fast forward 2 months and the leak is back.

I've heard great things about the Fel-Pro gaskets but can't seem to find a part number. Any assistance would be great. Or, if everyone has a better gasket they recommend I'm all ears.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

cj428mach

Established Member
I suggest running the stock style gaskets. Also check your header flanges for trueness, my brand new headers were .020" off per port on them. I ran them over a belt sander and got them to under .005", that with the stock gaskets has provided a leak free install.

Birchman1310

Established Member
I suggest running the stock style gaskets. Also check your header flanges for trueness, my brand new headers were .020" off per port on them. I ran them over a belt sander and got them to under .005", that with the stock gaskets has provided a leak free install.
I'll give that a check. I guess I never thought of them being off.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

hotcobra03

Established Member
bbk here also..

use oem steel..

I had cut my driver's side in the middle being 2 gaskets.

I also had used gasket that came with headers..

it blew within days...

I have reused the oem steel without issues

Users who are viewing this thread