Feeling you get...

TFStang

Established Member
I have had countless cars and many a lot rarer than a 00R, but I have a hard time replicating the feeling of driving this car down the road. Something so cool and special about this car.

Aside from your 00R's, what cars do you have in the stable that give you that "special" feeling?

nmp1

Established Member
Agreed. I have a viper and even though the viper is faster I still like driving the R as it seems like they really paid attention to detail and better refined the overall vehicle.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I have:
2011 Shelby GT500 (750 hp)
2011 Mustang 5.0 (17 year old son's)
2010 Mustang GT (15 year old son's)
2004 Mystichrome Terminator vert (stock)
2000 Cobra R (stock)
1993 Mustang Cobra (stock)
1989 Mustang GT vert (stock)

I enjoy driving all the cars and my Shelby is definitely fastest by a long shot, but the 00R is my favorite. Mine is a garage queen that only comes out on rare occasions and each time it sees the light of day, I get fired-up. I thoroughly dig that it never lets you forget that it is a full-time race car. It's twitchy, stiff, loud and fun as hell! My GT500 is cool/calm/collected until you go into boost. The 00R is never cool/calm/collected.

Some of the cars:

You_Doodle_2017-06-24T03_54_17Z_zpsafbzsctl.jpg

You_Doodle_2017-01-16T03_13_45Z_zpsvl8bbhes.jpg

TFStang

Established Member
I know I have said this before, but man I love your garage!!!!

That 750H.P. Shelby must be an absolute blast to drive!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Agreed. I have a viper and even though the viper is faster I still like driving the R as it seems like they really paid attention to detail and better refined the overall vehicle.

Pictures of your ACR please....

oster910

Turboman
Established Member
I would probably say my lotus with a tvs
But not as much as the 2004 cobra
I've had over 20 cars and I'm still young but nothing will come close to the cobra
Sure I've driven way faster cars
I mean my current boss makes way more power
And it's a damn near 1000 hp street car but cobra is the one in my heart
The gt3rs or the hurrcant are fun but don't seem to have something that makes you special
I know it sounds odd but that's how it works for me

Goose17

Established Member
I took the R out to dinner with the wife last night and "got that feeling." It's a very unique car/experience. I have not driven a Ford GT, but I've sat in one and it basically has the same engine as my 2011 GT500. I could see how someone would enjoy the R more than driving a GT. Of course the GT is absolutely fantastic, but the R has racecar blood flowing through its veins. It's my favorite kid.

Last night:

You_Doodle_2017-09-16T00_41_21Z_zpslzbetoiu.jpg

TFStang

Established Member
I too enjoy both of our R's, but our GT is a much more enjoyable experience. The GT is my favorite car to drive.

You are one lucky son of a gun to not only have 2 R's, but also an FGT, which is pretty much the holy grail of all things Ford.

Recon

Established Member
I have:
2011 Shelby GT500 (750 hp)
2011 Mustang 5.0 (17 year old son's)
2010 Mustang GT (15 year old son's)
2004 Mystichrome Terminator vert (stock)
2000 Cobra R (stock)
1993 Mustang Cobra (stock)
1989 Mustang GT vert (stock)

I enjoy driving all the cars and my Shelby is definitely fastest by a long shot, but the 00R is my favorite. Mine is a garage queen that only comes out on rare occasions and each time it sees the light of day, I get fired-up. I thoroughly dig that it never lets you forget that it is a full-time race car. It's twitchy, stiff, loud and fun as hell! My GT500 is cool/calm/collected until you go into boost. The 00R is never cool/calm/collected.

Some of the cars:

View attachment 1408829

View attachment 1408830

Nice collection. I think a KR would go great in that group of Mustangs.

Goose17

Established Member
Nice collection. I think a KR would go great in that group of Mustangs.

Thank you sir! I've got my eye on a couple Stangs, but not a KR.

I am an addict.

R-CODE

Established Member
Well since I build/drive the 350R at work and own a '93R in between theses two the Terminator also gives me that "special feeling". Huge smile on my face. I just love the sound of that whine.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
So the FGT is on one end of the spectrum, the other is an early Bronco. Hard to believe something with maybe 100 hp, doesn't turn or stop well, can be so awesome to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread