Feeler: Sony HDR-CX7 AVCHD 6.1MP HD Flash Memory Camcorder

5.0snake

PA Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Well,

I just bought a mac laptop to use for all the DVD's and media I want to create, but my Sony CX7 is not compatible with the Mac laptop. Having just found this out today, and I just bought my MAC about a week or two ago, I am hoping someone may want to have my Camcorder.

I purchased the camcorder on 2/18/08 from Amazon.com. I have the receipt in hand, it was purchased for 915.97, today on amazon.com you can get the camera from 776.xx to 1009.xx Refurbished to New (http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000PQHMGO/ref=dp_olp_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1209844322&sr=1-1 )

I am offering the camera for 950.00 Used Like new + 8GB memory card (worth $149.99), so your getting the camera for only $800!! The camera has been used only 3 times since purchase!! Any potential buyer is welcome to test the camera for them selves prior to purchase. For the right deal I'll throw in Pinnacle studio 10 PLUS (high quality video editing software), never been used or installed. Again, my current computer is not capable of installation.

I have all receipts, the box the camera came in, the operating guide + software for video/picture editing and all the wires you will need to either connect to your HD TV and your Computer (Windows compatible, only).

Last edited:

mmars

Meet me in the twisties!
Established Member
Hey, I have the Sony HDR-SR5 AVCHD. It wouldn't originally work with my Mac Laptop either until I purchased the new version of iLife. You can also get this: http://shedworx.com/?q=volmac-home it says it's compatible with the HDR-CX7. BTW, I originally purchased the Voltaic Software before I bought the new version of iLife. They both work good.

Hope this helps out. Us Mac guys have to stick together.

:beer:
Matt

Well,

I just bought a mac laptop to use for all the DVD's and media I want to create, but my Sony CX7 is not compatible with the Mac laptop. Having just found this out today, and I just bought my MAC about a week or two ago, I am hoping someone may want to have my Camcorder.

I purchased the camcorder on 2/18/08 from Amazon.com. I have the receipt in hand, it was purchased for 915.97, today on amazon.com you can get the camera from 776.xx to 1009.xx Refurbished to New (http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000PQHMGO/ref=dp_olp_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1209844322&sr=1-1 )

I am offering the camera for 950.00 Used Like new + 8GB memory card (worth $149.99), so your getting the camera for only $800!! The camera has been used only 3 times since purchase!! Any potential buyer is welcome to test the camera for them selves prior to purchase. For the right deal I'll throw in Pinnacle studio 10 PLUS (high quality video editing software), never been used or installed. Again, my current computer is not capable of installation.

I have all receipts, the box the camera came in, the operating guide + software for video/picture editing and all the wires you will need to either connect to your HD TV and your Computer (Windows compatible, only).

Last edited:

5.0snake

PA Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Hey, I have the Sony HDR-SR5 AVCHD. It wouldn't originally work with my Mac Laptop either until I purchased the new version of iLife. You can also get this: http://shedworx.com/?q=volmac-home it says it's compatible with the HDR-CX7. BTW, I originally purchased the Voltaic Software before I bought the new version of iLife. They both work good.

Matt

Thats PERFECT! I will have to do more research now, thanks for the help! Im just a beginner when it comes to mac!

Red Devil

Village Idiot
Established Member
It's compatible. You're doing something wrong. If there's one thing macs are good at, it's any and all media. The drivers may not be mac compatible but the mac will still read it and function; it doesn't usually require a driver like a PC does.

5.0snake

PA Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Hey, I have the Sony HDR-SR5 AVCHD. It wouldn't originally work with my Mac Laptop either until I purchased the new version of iLife.

Matt

So I just need to purchase the new version 08 of iLife, but it looks like it has gotten poor reviews, what if I purchased Final Cut?

Last edited:

mmars

Meet me in the twisties!
Established Member
Just make sure you get Final Cut HD... it's like $500 or so. iLife is $99.

Users who are viewing this thread