feeler anyone out there intrested in a 600 rwh 98 cobra

1stanglover

Ready to see tail lights?
Established Member
How long have you had it? Wasent this car for sale like a year ago? I could be wrong but I saw a very similar build in PA last year.

Gravik

Established Member
60k in parts, yet no info on what this supposed 60k bought..

And only 600rwhp? I was expecting 900+ if you spent 60k...

And at 25k, that takes the cake for the highest priced SN95 Cobra (other than a Cobra R) that I have ever seen.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
25K might not be bad depending on the mods. If everything is premium I could see it selling for that.. But I'm talking like LM motor, ported heads, cams, big blower, all supporting mods, awesome suspension setup, nice T56, built rear, interior mods etc etc.

Sadly the truth of it is, is that you'll make more money parting it out.

No offense but you and OP must be smoking the same stuff. 25K is the price range for a low/mid mileage 03/04 cobra that it fully built. There is 0 chance anyone would pay that for a 98.
OP it seems like you have a nice car with nice parts into it, but also, please don't exaggerate the amount of money you have into the car, 60K would get you well over 1000RWHP through a fully built TT Dart block. Once again no offense, your car looks great, but if you would really like to sell your going to have to come down. Good luck

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
No offense but you and OP must be smoking the same stuff. 25K is the price range for a low/mid mileage 03/04 cobra that it fully built. There is 0 chance anyone would pay that for a 98.
OP it seems like you have a nice car with nice parts into it, but also, please don't exaggerate the amount of money you have into the car, 60K would get you well over 1000RWHP through a fully built TT Dart block. Once again no offense, your car looks great, but if you would really like to sell your going to have to come down. Good luck

Not everyone wants a 03/04 Cobra. They aren't the "end all" to Mustangs lol. If you didn't read my post I was talking a full premium build/show car.. Not a ragged out half ass built 98..

And I highly doubt he's exaggerating the price. You throw in Labor in there and it'll easily add up, hell shops in CA charge AT LEAST 100/hr.. Vise some shops in the South or East Coast where it's 60-80/hr.. Hell I can add up my car and it's sitting around that price tag too, probably more.. Granted I have 9k in wheels and tires and alone.. Like I said a Premium build with premium parts I could see bringing that kind of money for the right buyer.

If you also missed it, I said parting it out would bring more money..

OP GL with the Sale, it's a nice car for sure. I'm going to keep my opinion on the price to myself.. but GLWS

Last edited:

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Not everyone wants a 03/04 Cobra. They aren't the "end all" to Mustangs lol. If you didn't read my post I was talking a full premium build/show car.. Not a ragged out half ass built 98..

And I highly doubt he's exaggerating the price. You throw in Labor in there and it'll easily add up, hell shops in CA charge AT LEAST 100/hr.. Vise some shops in the South or East Coast where it's 60-80/hr.. Hell I can add up my car and it's sitting around that price tag too, probably more.. Granted I have 9k in wheels and tires and alone.. Like I said a Premium build with premium parts I could see bringing that kind of money for the right buyer.

If you also missed it, I said parting it out would bring more money..

OP GL with the Sale, it's a nice car for sure. I'm going to keep my opinion on the price to myself.. but GLWS

I never said everyone wanted a cobra. But it's a more valuable car no matter how you put it. $xx in a 98 and $xx in a 03 instantly puts the 03 on top. Given mileage and such of coarse. Also I thought he was 60k worth of modifications, that does not include labor. Why would I pay for labor? That would be like saying two guys with the same exact setup, one did it himself one paid a shop. The guy who brought it to the shop has more into the car in that case?? I agree, part out would be best, and like I said, good luck to te OP, just trying to help him sell the car at a more realistic level. If he doesn't need to sell than screw it keep the price as is!

keiths98cobra

Established Member
thanks 98 saleen, Your wright you can get a 2003 or 2004 cobra but if you wanted a 96 to 98 cobra built you couldnt buy one and build one like this for 25k. I it at 600 rwh because of todays fuel.it is a real safe tune. it could make 700rwh with the more risky tune but why risk hurting the motor if race fuel was at the pumps i would run that all day.

ENGINE TESKIS BLOCK .020 OVER manly rods and pistions teflon coated, stock crank,ported heads,manaly valves,and springs titaium locks. stage 2 comp blower cams.studed mains and heads. canton windage tray and 7 qt oil pan.
PORTED INTAKE with spacer. wired to coil on plug with gt500 coils. COMP CAMS ADJUSTABLE CAM GEARS AND CAM ARE DEGREED

TRANS D&D VIPER SPEC TRANS WITH PRO 50 SHIFTER MECLOAD TWIN DISC CLUTCH

REAR FORD RACING 3.73 AULBURN DIFF WITH 31 SPLINE AXELS

SUSPENSION HOCHKIS REAR UPPER AND LOWER CONTROL ARMS. STEEDA REAR SWAY BAR AND SUB FRAME CONNECTORS. TUBLAR K MEMBER WITH A ARMS AND COIL OVERS HOCHKIS CASTOR CAMBER PLATES 275 40 18 FRONT NITTO TIRES AND 295 40 18 ON REAR

PRO CHARGER DISC 20 PSI WITH 8 RIB PULLEYS CUSTOM INTERCOOLER INTERCOOLER PIPING. 35MM TIA BLOW OFF VALVE

MOTECT STAND ALONE ENGINE CONTROLLER

60 LB INJECTORS WELDON FUEL PUMP Y BLOCK REGULATOER FILTERS BEFORE AND AFTER PUMP WELDON FUEL PUMP CONTROLLER. AEROMOTIVE FUEL RAILS -8 FEED FUEL LINE -6 RETURN LINES WIRH AEROQUIP AN FITTINGS

2003 COBRA FRONT AND REAR SEATS
BATTERY RELOCATE
18 INCH 1995 COBRA R WHEELS 3 INCH LIP ON REAR WHEELS

null_zpsefab0ec8.jpg

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
OP GLWS- all the hateful comments are from people wanting to buy it but don't have the cash, so they're trying to back you down. and heads up OP- NADA and KBB have been on the rise lately so yes your car is worth it. I don't agree you have 60k in parts but if that's your story stick to it. good luck.

Attaus

Established Member
OP GLWS- all the hateful comments are from people wanting to buy it but don't have the cash, so they're trying to back you down. and heads up OP- NADA and KBB have been on the rise lately so yes your car is worth it. I don't agree you have 60k in parts but if that's your story stick to it. good luck.

This, sweet car but 60k is on the high side, nobody will believe that without receipts. I get around 30k with some guess work.

You're right, you can't build a car like this for $25k but that's always the case with previously modified cars. I bought mine under BB with 15k in documented mods. I'd either produce some paperwork, drop the price down, or keep it (especially if you've put the cost of a new M5 into it. :dw:)

rxpwhistler1

HP Junkie
Established Member
Beautiful Cobra, no doubt about that! GLWS. I think you're better off keeping it if you want/need over $15-20k. Like others have said, you don't get much back on the mods....just how it goes.

Either way, GLWS :beer:

txrunner

Established Member
Not everyone wants a 03/04 Cobra. They aren't the "end all" to Mustangs lol.

:lol:

Obviously the OP has alot into his build. All of us dream about getting good money for our mods. I can't fault him for trying to recoup some of it. I say GLWS & nice car :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread