Feel good pictures / videos

beau t

Established Member
Got caught in a microburst storm on a pretty deep lake ( they say thats why that particular lake gets so bad) with my wife and daughter, we were in a older wake board boat that sits pretty low in the front and easy to dunk the front (not my first time doing this but either way not fun), we had close to 4 ft waves rolling and as i turn the boat under throttle to get the nose up and ease in a cove to get out of the chop my wife is flipping out. As

lOOKnGO stated above it is important to know how to hit the waves to keep the boat afloat, luckily i had been through enough of these with my dad growing up where it wasn't a problem just had to get the wife calmed down and getting a life jacket on her and kiddo. Side note always keep a couple jackets easily accessible incase needed - when 1 of these storms roll up you don't want to have to dig around and find jackets.​

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Congratulations to them both, Justin. You should be, and ARE, very proud of them, I'm sure. Your nephew is a big dude! What position does he play? Lineman?

Thanks Bob. Yes, Center the past two years but they moved him to Guard for overall strength on the line this season.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
Good thread gents. Gotta take some time away from the politics section, shits starting to doom me out.
Last summer, got my folks down to the race track and actually got a win for them.

Attachments

• img_1_1664761688462.jpg
    img_1_1664761688462.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 109

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Therese Schroeder-Sheker

"The Woman Who Abandoned a Successful Recording Career to Play Music for the Dying

I celebrate 50 years of end-of-life interventions"

"She has devoted her life to performing music for the dying. She has done this on countless occasions, and has accumulated a huge body of knowledge, wisdom, and practical skills that she generously shares with others.

Here’s her account of how she began practicing her vocation, which she has now pursued for 50 years.
I was very shy when I was young….I got a job working at a geriatric home as an orderly. I think orderlies can have a profound impact on the daily lives of the residents in those homes, but I have to be honest and say that I was plucked off the street and given a job without any training.
I had zero background. Over time, I became incredibly uncomfortable with the deaths that I was witnessing in the nursing home. Most of the elderly people were dying alone, unaccompanied by family and friends. Their accompaniment was the television—I would walk in and find people in the death rattle with an "I Love Lucy" rerun playing in the background."

Substack article:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Therese Schroeder-Sheker

"The Woman Who Abandoned a Successful Recording Career to Play Music for the Dying

I celebrate 50 years of end-of-life interventions"

"She has devoted her life to performing music for the dying. She has done this on countless occasions, and has accumulated a huge body of knowledge, wisdom, and practical skills that she generously shares with others.

Here’s her account of how she began practicing her vocation, which she has now pursued for 50 years.
I was very shy when I was young….I got a job working at a geriatric home as an orderly. I think orderlies can have a profound impact on the daily lives of the residents in those homes, but I have to be honest and say that I was plucked off the street and given a job without any training.
I had zero background. Over time, I became incredibly uncomfortable with the deaths that I was witnessing in the nursing home. Most of the elderly people were dying alone, unaccompanied by family and friends. Their accompaniment was the television—I would walk in and find people in the death rattle with an "I Love Lucy" rerun playing in the background."

Substack article:
That is a very moving and emotional video. THAT is a real life-call. To consider how many elderly people she comforted in their last days stirs my soul. Many don't have family members around them in their final hours. Her music and her voice is as an angel. Seeing a loving, kind, compassionate woman basically devote/sacrifice her life to bring them comfort and peace is quite incredible, and inspirational. SHE is the definition of a hero!

Users who are viewing this thread