Feel good pictures / videos

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is really heart warming video. I just sent it to my daughter and to my granddaughters. They all have cats. The middle granddaughter has two brothers that had been rescued. Needless to say, this video was a hit.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
7bb5117ce4b80f7473d0c9b2893b8631.jpg

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
My oldest graduated from USF in December. Did it in 3.5yrs and she also earned Magna Cum Laude honors witha 3.85 GPA in Health Science on her way in the Medical field. My youngest just got accepted to USF for Fall of 2023.

Attachments

• 52600523543_707c130082_k.jpg
    52600523543_707c130082_k.jpg
    358.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 52600418125_25e72b4e5b_k.jpg
    52600418125_25e72b4e5b_k.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
We just returned from the Bowl Game on Friday watching our nephew play his last game for Notre Dame. He is headed to the Senior Bowl and next is the NFL draft.

Attachments

• 52600448610_ab5c33dec7_k.jpg
    52600448610_ab5c33dec7_k.jpg
    564 KB · Views: 85
  • 52599515142_e5869f3b05_k.jpg
    52599515142_e5869f3b05_k.jpg
    450.2 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

EcoBoostF100

EcoBoosted F100
Established Member
So dumbass takes his little kids in his jet boat into a storm, loses boat, almost loses family, gets rewarded years later with fixed boat. Some people have all the luck I guess.
You obviously do not have a clue how fast a storm can come up on that lake and many others. It happened to my family when my girls were very young. It can be very sunny total calm and within minutes a storm can brew. Its a very large lake (or at least was) If it's a hour back to the marina a lot can happen. Looks like a storm the weatherman says sunny calm and by the time you get back this happens.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
You obviously do not have a clue how fast a storm can come up on that lake and many others. It happened to my family when my girls were very young. It can be very sunny total calm and within minutes a storm can brew. Its a very large lake (or at least was) If it's a hour back to the marina a lot can happen. Looks like a storm the weatherman says sunny calm and by the time you get back this happens.
I had a 19ft Jet boat with a 460 Ford. I knew exactly how dangerous that boat could be in any bad weather, I would never have taken my 10 month old kids on that boat regardless of the weather. Maybe one day Ill be rewarded for stupid shit Ive done in the past like this guy.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Gym classes WERE different back in the early '60s compared to today, but......nothing like that. I remember my own '60s gym classes being a wide mix, as expected. Short kids, tall kids, overweight kids, underweight kids, a few muscular kids. That looks like a group of aspiring Army Rangers or Navy Seals. LOL.

My oldest graduated from USF in December. Did it in 3.5yrs and she also earned Magna Cum Laude honors witha 3.85 GPA in Health Science on her way in the Medical field. My youngest just got accepted to USF for Fall of 2023.

Congratulations to them both, Justin. You should be, and ARE, very proud of them, I'm sure. Your nephew is a big dude! What position does he play? Lineman?

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member

It's hard to describe the vulnerability one has during a surprise storm. My pop bought a Baylitter cuddy when he had a place on the Tappahannock River. He wanted me to take boating classes with him as a night coarse. Those classes saved our life. We had 6 adults and three kids on the boat. A surprise storm with tremendous winds caught us off guard about 2 miles from the Marina. My pop was operating the boat and looked at me to take over, so I did. I was in my mid 20's with wife and 2 kids on board, along with my sister and her husband with child. This also was the first time my mom was ever on any boat in her life. The waves would lift that boat out of the water causing it to yawn. The lessons learned about throttling and approaching the waves at a 45 got our families back to the Marina safely. The feeling of riding on top of the waves then being dropped into the calm water of the tributary has stuck with me through out life. Do not recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread