fed fumes to 89 turbo TA

COBRAGT00

Established Member
I was turning left at a light, Ialready noticed the T/A on my (R) sitting at the light. As usual he acted like he wanted no smoke, but of course, just like all the wanna-b mustang owners. He pulled a b--ch move. I have my 12 & 8 year old daughters with me, so I hesitated a little, but as we came around the corner I HAMMERED it. I hit 1st at a fifeteen MPH went side ways,as you know I had to feather the gas, re-gripped, nailed 2nd to my surprise this T/A was hang"in tough! Untill 3rd, after that he was sucking major fummage. needless to say I under estimated the T/A and it almost cost me A emberassing moment A life long one. Untill I hunted him down too redeem myself, but my midnight saved my a--

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Good Kill!

Couple of questions:

Is your car a Cobra or GT (I assume GT since the only '00s were R models)?

Did you mean '80 T/A Turbo? I thought the last year of the 301 CID turbo was 1981 (prior to the redesigned 1982 model, first T/A with the hidden/pop-up headlights).

COBRAGT00

Established Member
The s/o after the cobragt stands for special order, one of the benny,s of having a grandfather who is A retired chief engineer for ford. Read it and weep. Im not sure of the year of the T/A but it had the official pace car decal. And power plant is A true 4.6 dohc. with the rousch performance package. (-::D

COBRAGT00

Established Member
Just confirmed the 1989 white Turbo 3.8 liter T/A. Same engine as the grand BUT it had 280 horsepower. the official pace car for the (you guessed it) 1989 !!!

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
A little explaining...

Originally posted by sohowcome
Jimbo,

you are major harshing on his party :) heheh

#1, I did happen to give the thumbs up and Good Kill! as the subject line...;).

#2, I do apologize if I came across as being negative, CobraGT00. I was not aware of any DOHC motors placed in non-Cobras, but I agree that it is totally cool. (It would also make a nice signature block that would alleviate any future questions...).

#3, I forgot that GM had the insight to use the GN motor in the T/A. That was a rare bird, indeed. What, something like 500 copies only. All I could think of when I read "Turbo T/A" was the hilarious 1980 Hot Rod Magazine cover story of the "new" 301 Turbo T/A. It was laying a big, nasty burnout and inside the cover the description of the picture read, and I quote: "The new Turbo T/A still smokes the rear tires like the T/A 6.6, although, this year we had to wet the pavement to get them to break loose." BWAHAHAHA! Is that some funny s**t, or what?

COBRAGT00

Established Member
No Problem BLUE98COBRA, Im sure I came Back A little hard. I agree, I think the signature block is A good idea.

The wet pavement for the T/A thats an original:D As you know im new to SVTPERFRORMANCE have some things to learn. Also, NO love or respect lost my friend. Talk to you soon Jimbo.
Peace Ziggy.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
bye

I'll leave you two alone............................. getting too mushy in here (i keep telling myself I am all man Ruff Ruff)

*door slam

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by COBRAGT00
Talk to you soon Jimbo.
Peace Ziggy.

No prob, Zig. Peace, back at 'ya. And, BTW, if this were the "Smackdown Cafe" (where anything goes) I'd tell you to ignore "blowhotcome", but it's not, so I won't...;)

Users who are viewing this thread