Favorite Brand ?

Favorite Brand ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

scottq60

Whatever works...

I think I may try some of these products folks have posted about on here...sounds like they're well worth the money.

Funny you describe me as frugal...my wife would disagree. My toys are all old and used but I still like to keep them lookin' good...and runnin' as good as they look. My toys are few - 94 Softail Custom, 87 KLR 650 Kawi, and my Cobra, and I didn't pay alot for any of them.

Regards,
Scott

Blue Snake

SLACKER Poster
Established Member
I have tried the most of them & now use Adams.
It goes on and off easy and does a sweet job.
I don't have to pay shipping I have a local dealer. :banana:

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
I use alot of wax-shop products, they are really good for bringing out colors and making them "pop" for shows and such, but for durbility, it isn't the greatest. I am going to see how my tropi-care sample holds up, but I think I found a new product.

Fiveoh93Snake

Snake Bitten!
Established Member
I've used alot of Meguiars products and was pretty pleased with them; but recently used Collinite's No. 845 Insulator Wax. This stuff is recommended for Automotive, Marine, Aeronautical and Industrial use. Put bluntly it is nothing short of amazing. Very easy to apply and fairly easy to remove. Very nice wet look and supreme water shedding. This stuffs main purpose is for high voltage power lines; prevents dangerous "flashovers", which can cause powerfailures, fires, and explosions. According to bottle it is also used in fiberglass industries as a mold release agent. My dad got me this bottle from work (he's an electrician). Apparently this stuff is pretty expensive though. My dad thinks it somewhere around 50-60 bucks for a one pint bottle but honestly I think its worth every dollar.

trance_in_miami

Established Member
Fiveoh93Snake said:
I've used alot of Meguiars products and was pretty pleased with them; but recently used Collinite's No. 845 Insulator Wax. This stuff is recommended for Automotive, Marine, Aeronautical and Industrial use. Put bluntly it is nothing short of amazing. Very easy to apply and fairly easy to remove. Very nice wet look and supreme water shedding. This stuffs main purpose is for high voltage power lines; prevents dangerous "flashovers", which can cause powerfailures, fires, and explosions. According to bottle it is also used in fiberglass industries as a mold release agent. My dad got me this bottle from work (he's an electrician). Apparently this stuff is pretty expensive though. My dad thinks it somewhere around 50-60 bucks for a one pint bottle but honestly I think its worth every dollar.

:eek: got any pics?

whitecobra98

Established Member
I've used the stuff b4, and it's nice, but only like 20 bucks when I bought. Still have some left, but have so much other product in the garage I forgot about it.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Fiveoh93Snake said:

I've used Insulator's Wax quite a few times on my old Camaro. I got my old roommate hooked on it. It works pretty good, and lasts a LONG time. It's pretty cheap here though, about $12 a bottle.

Another great Collinite product is Metal Wax. That stuff worked awesome on the polished billet wheels I had on my Camaro.

Roll Race Rob

Established Member
ive been wanting to try some sort of the colinite's polish and sealer in one but havent ordered any yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread