Fathouse Fabrications Budget Fuel Pump Upgrade

lshin037

Established Member
https://www.fathousefab.com/product/2011-2014-budget-fuel-pump-upgrade/

Anyone have experience with this kit? Says it'll support "over 800whp on E85 in a turbo application and over 725whp in a supercharger application" but there's a warning on the bottom of the page that says "running OEM fuel pumps at high voltages is not recommended for extended periods of time. We always suggest doing a proper return style fuel system"

Is this basically the same concept as our (2011-2014) fuel pumps as in "you might get away with it, you might not"?

tparenti

Established Member
Looks to me as its a 2015+ pump designed to go in a 2011 - 2014 and has a optional boost a pump. BAP devices and their reliability will be debated back and forth for a very long time

lshin037

Established Member
Looks to me as its a 2015+ pump designed to go in a 2011 - 2014 and has a optional boost a pump. BAP devices and their reliability will be debated back and forth for a very long time

Just never seen any vendor/manufacturer claim that a non-return fuel system would support that kind of power level on E85. Its also advertised as an upgrade. Arent the S550 fuel systems identical to ours?

tparenti

Established Member
Just never seen any vendor/manufacturer claim that a non-return fuel system would support that kind of power level on E85. Its also advertised as an upgrade. Arent the S550 fuel systems identical to ours?

That does seem like a bold claim for that power level. I dont know about the S550 fuel system

nate-roth

Established Member
I have this fathouse pump and think its a pretty good deal for e85 guys in the 650-700 hp range. It is the s550 pump with a quality adapter fitting for 2011-2014. The s550 pump has a larger fuel outlet on the pump assy which is the biggest single restriction in 2011-14 stock fuel system.
On a low boost tvs set up Ive run a JMS BAP, tps activated, and ID 1000's on e85 for several thousand miles w/out any problems and I datalog weekly. In addition this fathouse kit, if you already have a bap is less than $200 while a replacement 11-14 pump assy is over $300 alone.
Will it support 850?, i doubt it, but who cares... I would think anyone at 850+ in an 11-14 would most likely have a return fuel system and probably a forged bottom end. There are a lot more e85 converts in the 600-700 range and that's who this kit makes sense for.

lshin037

Established Member
I have this fathouse pump and think its a pretty good deal for e85 guys in the 650-700 hp range. It is the s550 pump with a quality adapter fitting for 2011-2014. The s550 pump has a larger fuel outlet on the pump assy which is the biggest single restriction in 2011-14 stock fuel system.
On a low boost tvs set up Ive run a JMS BAP, tps activated, and ID 1000's on e85 for several thousand miles w/out any problems and I datalog weekly. In addition this fathouse kit, if you already have a bap is less than $200 while a replacement 11-14 pump assy is over $300 alone.
Will it support 850?, i doubt it, but who cares... I would think anyone at 850+ in an 11-14 would most likely have a return fuel system and probably a forged bottom end. There are a lot more e85 converts in the 600-700 range and that's who this kit makes sense for.

Who’s your tuner? I think I’ve read somewhere that TVS setups are more efficient and have better chances of getting away with a BAP for E85. I’m on a centri setup and like you, don’t plan on going anywhere above 700. Hoping more people tried this setup chime in. Especially the centri owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nate-roth

Established Member
I tune the car myself with hp tuners. Sorry I cant answer your question on the centri fuel demand. I had a D1SC procharger on a foxbody years back, but that was a different era all together

tparenti

Established Member
This is pretty cool and seems like a great option on a budget

lshin037

Established Member
I tune the car myself with hp tuners. Sorry I cant answer your question on the centri fuel demand. I had a D1SC procharger on a foxbody years back, but that was a different era all together

Is there headroom left or are you close to maxing out your fuel pump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread