Fatal Mustang LX crash

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
wow, very sad. i wonder how fast he was going to cause damage like that

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
I know who the kid was. Supposedly the word is he was drunk driving. And through people I know, it was a low 11 sec car. From what I know of him, he was a good kid. Very sad nonetheless.

FiXXXer024

E13 SVT
Established Member
That was a good friend of mine and an old riding buddy, Brian Degrandis. He was a good kid, kind of a knucklehead when it came to gas powered implements, and unfortunately the crew we ran with was big into modding fast Fox-bodies... That was a fast car. Anyone who knew bubba McGrath and his brother and the Mustangs they built knew to back down when you saw a fast Fox around Dedham and Westie, and if I'm not mistaken I think that was one of theirs.
I'm just glad I wasn't working in West Roxbury that night because if I'd had to respond to that call it would have been tough to deal with.

You live by the sword, you die by the sword. He'll be missed...

Last edited:

Mystic1199

Established Member
That was a good friend of mine and an old riding buddy, Brian Degrandis. He was a good kid, kind of a knucklehead when it came to gas powered implements, and unfortunately the crew we ran with was big into modding fast Fox-bodies... That was a fast car. Anyone who knew bubba McGrath and his brother and the Mustangs they built knew to back down when you saw a fast Fox around Dedham and Westie, and if I'm not mistaken I think that was one of theirs.
I'm just glad I wasn't working in West Roxbury that night because if I'd had to respond to that call it would have been tough to deal with.

You live by the sword, you die by the sword. He'll be missed...

didnt bubba pass away last year to a car accident ?? i met him a few times and recently heard some story about it ..

FiXXXer024

E13 SVT
Established Member
didnt bubba pass away last year to a car accident ?? i met him a few times and recently heard some story about it ..

Yup, he took off down a main drag on the Westie/Roslindale border in an STi, one of my academy classmates happened to be on the street, saw him fly by, hit the lights and before he even got any speed to chase him Bubba was D-E-D... I think he was going in excess of 90 when he crashed... pole or tree, I don't really remember. Pretty stupid IMO, but from talking with friends I guess when he got the STi (mind you this kid's little brother built 9 second Mustangs in their garage) he said "I'm gonna die in this car"... Guess he was right.

Mystic1199

Established Member
Yup, he took off down a main drag on the Westie/Roslindale border in an STi, one of my academy classmates happened to be on the street, saw him fly by, hit the lights and before he even got any speed to chase him Bubba was D-E-D... I think he was going in excess of 90 when he crashed... pole or tree, I don't really remember. Pretty stupid IMO, but from talking with friends I guess when he got the STi (mind you this kid's little brother built 9 second Mustangs in their garage) he said "I'm gonna die in this car"... Guess he was right.

ya i heard something like this someone said a WRX i didnt know he got an STI from talking to him and knowing people he knew always mustangs and Lightnings ...a kid i used to work with it out that way in Dedham last i heard he had a fast foxbody think he used to run with that mustang crowd out there ..

FiXXXer024

E13 SVT
Established Member
ya i heard something like this someone said a WRX i didnt know he got an STI from talking to him and knowing people he knew always mustangs and Lightnings ...a kid i used to work with it out that way in Dedham last i heard he had a fast foxbody think he used to run with that mustang crowd out there ..

Yeah, his brother Stevie is a mad genious with a Fox body. That kid could take a 351W and a rusty chassis, smoke a couple of bowls and build you a 9 second car like it was nothing... Pretty sad about his brother, but like I said about Brian, live by the sword, die by the sword...

Users who are viewing this thread