Fantasy Football Question? Add your own questions if you like...

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I'm a rookie in a ten team FF league. I had a solid win last week but I'm not sure who to play for my WR/RB flex player this week.

I have Shawn Alexander and Dominick Davis for my normal RBs and Chad Johnson and Joe Horn for my WRs. My best choices for flex player are either:

Larry Johnson [RB] [KC playing Oakland] he's the back up to Priest Holmes but he really racked up the points last week.

Steve Smith [WR] [Car. playing New England] I used him last week and he gave me solid numbers but not as high as Johnson's would have been. NE will be tough.

Willie Parker [RB] [Pitt. playing Houston] Picked him up off the free agent list this week after his stellar performance last week.

I also have Marty Booker, Brandon Lloyd and Ronnie Brown as other bench players.

If you experienced FF players could give me a little advice on who to play, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Cliff

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
Willie Parker [RB] [Pitt. playing Oakland] & Larry Johnson [RB] [KC playing Oakland]

Uhhh....wait a minute. They can't both be playing Oakland, lol. Seriously, I'd play whichever of those two actually IS playing Oakland. The Raiders' defense is pretty pathetic this year.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
Johnson is iffy to play this week since he just posted bail for beating his girlfriend. The team has yet to take action, but the word is that he "might" get some sort of "time off".

If not I say he's the man.

flyn high again

Established Member
Black2004Cobra said:
Johnson is iffy to play this week since he just posted bail for beating his girlfriend. The team has yet to take action, but the word is that he "might" get some sort of "time off".

If not I say he's the man.

Latest word is that the team will not punish him at the moment so he should be good to go for this week. Guy has to learn to break up with one woman before taking out the next. He's definitely in that "why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free" category so it's just being stupid to allow a situation to develop where his girl friend confronts his date. :rollseyes

Edit-Here's the latest from Yahoo Sports:

"Sep 14 The Kansas City Star is reporting that the Chiefs will not let Larry Johnson's recent brush with the law, his second in the last two years, affect his standing with the team. Johnson ran for 110 yards and two touchdowns in the Chiefs' season opener against the Jets on just 10 carries as the primary backup to Priest Holmes.

Views: Johnson's court date for Monday's domestic assault charge is not until next Tuesday, so the only potential threat to Johnson's availability for this weekend's prime-time shootout with the Raiders was disciplinary action taken by the team itself. Since that doesn't appear to be an issue, keep Johnson in your lineup. As a starter against Oakland last season, Johnson racked up 296 total yards and four touchdowns in two games."

Last edited:

Wiked03

Established Member
Coiled03 said:
Willie Parker [RB] [Pitt. playing Oakland] & Larry Johnson [RB] [KC playing Oakland]

Uhhh....wait a minute. They can't both be playing Oakland, lol. Seriously, I'd play whichever of those two actually IS playing Oakland. The Raiders' defense is pretty pathetic this year.

Oakland held Dillion to 63 yds on 23 carrirs in NE. That's pretty good.

I would probably go with Parker, even though he is not likely to duplicate last weeks performance.

I only offer advice because you are not playing me this week. :D

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
flyn high again said:
Latest word is that the team will not punish him at the moment so he should be good to go for this week. Guy has to learn to break up with one woman before taking out the next. He's definitely in that "why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free" category so it's just being stupid to allow a situation to develop where his girl friend confronts his date. :rollseyes

Edit-Here's the latest from Yahoo Sports:

"Sep 14 The Kansas City Star is reporting that the Chiefs will not let Larry Johnson's recent brush with the law, his second in the last two years, affect his standing with the team. Johnson ran for 110 yards and two touchdowns in the Chiefs' season opener against the Jets on just 10 carries as the primary backup to Priest Holmes.

Views: Johnson's court date for Monday's domestic assault charge is not until next Tuesday, so the only potential threat to Johnson's availability for this weekend's prime-time shootout with the Raiders was disciplinary action taken by the team itself. Since that doesn't appear to be an issue, keep Johnson in your lineup. As a starter against Oakland last season, Johnson racked up 296 total yards and four touchdowns in two games."

Nice update. Thanks.

_GuRu_

Established Member
Parker no doubt about it. Staley and Bettis arent back yet so Parker wll get all the carries against a weak houston defense. Also PITT runs the ball 65% of the time and Parker is also a receiving threat

RedVenom96

Banned
_GuRu_ said:
Parker no doubt about it. Staley and Bettis arent back yet so Parker wll get all the carries against a weak houston defense. Also PITT runs the ball 65% of the time and Parker is also a receiving threat

+1 i think parker is a star in the making

flyn high again

Established Member
I do have Parker selected on my team at the moment. He was really impressive last week and he'll be the man again this week since Bettis and Staley won't be back yet. I wonder, however what Smith and Johnson can do and whether they have any good chance of posting similar numbers. Domanick Davis is in a tough matchup this week and after last week's poor performance, I wonder if I should bench him for a week and play Parker at #2 RB and Johnson or Smith for the flex player.

31Charlie

My freakin car is crushed
Established Member
Who would you start in a 3 WR league?

D. Branch
K. McCardell
A. Johnson
M. Muhammad
P. Burress

And I need two RBs

W. Parker
L. Jordan
D. Davis
F. Taylor

Any suggestions?

31C

flyn high again

Established Member
31Charlie said:
Who would you start in a 3 WR league?

D. Branch
K. McCardell
A. Johnson
M. Muhammad
P. Burress

And I need two RBs

W. Parker
L. Jordan
D. Davis
F. Taylor

Any suggestions?

31C

Based on last week's performances, I'd go with Branch, McCardell, and Burress at WR.

For RBs, I'd use Parker and Taylor [or maybe Davis].

Pitt. runs the ball and Parker will get a lot of carries. Houston's defense isn't that great.

Taylor is looking OK even though he's getting old.

Davis has a tough match up this week and didn't score many FF points last week so I'm seriously thinking of benching him for this week.

Dyrti Byrd 2k2

Established Member
FHA: I would play Parker in your flex position. He's playing against a Houston defense that allowed McGahee to rush for 115 yrds. Pitt's gameplan is to run as much as possible and not leave too much pressure on Roethlisberger to win the game.

31C: Not a whole lot of quality in the WR area, but based off of last weeks performance, as well as their opposing defenses, I'd start Branch, McCardell, and Burress.
At RB, I'd start Parker and Jordan.
- Parker, again is on a running team and going up against a Houston D that let McGahee rush for 115 yards.
- Jordan is going to get his carries. OAK has to get the running game going in order to open it up for Moss and Porter. Yahoo thinks he'll get at least 20 carries. And I don't think KC's defense is as good as they made it seem in Week 1.
- Davis is going up against a tough D w/ Pitt. Pitt runs the ball and will probably eat up alot of clock. I don't think Houston's offense will be on the field for more than 22 minutes.
- I almost wanted to say start Taylor ahead of Jordan, but JAX will probably be playing from behind Indy and will need to air it out. Indy's defense looked awesome on Sunday night.

Users who are viewing this thread