fan settings adjustments with tuner

cobraetti

part of the zombie squad
Established Member
I see that that fan temp. settings can be changed the stock temps. seems a little high those with a tuner what do you have your fans set to come on at?

b_dike

Established Member
With a 170* t-stat I set mine as low as it would go... 182/186.

The stock t-stat begins to open at 190* I believe, but doesn't fully open till well over 200. So with that in mind I'd base your fan settings around that. Maybe 192/196... You don't want to go so low, that your fan is constantly running. Also you don't want too high that your temps can't fully recover.

Just my experience...

MalcolmV8

Established Member
With a 170* t-stat I set mine as low as it would go... 182/186.

The fan settings can go lower, can be anything you want really. If you're setting them from the handheld the range you have in there is pre determined by your tuner. So each person's hand held will have a different range of options depending on what their tuner put in there.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Its very beneficial along with a reische 170 t-stat.

b_dike

Established Member
The fan settings can go lower, can be anything you want really. If you're setting them from the handheld the range you have in there is pre determined by your tuner. So each person's hand held will have a different range of options depending on what their tuner put in there.

Well that's kind of a bummer to find out... I definitely go lower if I could've.

Users who are viewing this thread