Family pit bulls maul toddler and infant

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I believe another thing that skews those statistics is when the bite gets reported.

My little bastard Min-pin/chihuahua bit a contractor doing work in my house. Didn't even leave a mark on the dude. No report made.

If my little bastard had been a bigger bastard, with more bite force, and had broken the skin or broke a bone, the incident would've been reported and maybe a hospital trip.

While I agree no one particular dog is more evil than another, the fact is, a larger dog is more likely to do more damage which will require a visit to the hospital or a call to animal control. Pits, and all the breeds that get lumped in with pits, have incredible bite force. It only takes one little nip, even if an accident, and damage will occur.

Dave.O

Established Member
I'd argue that the media isn't slanted against them since there are tons of attacks where the media refuses to put the breed in the article, then you see a photo and it's clearly a pit or pit mix.

Dogs are bred for certain things and pits were bred to be bull baiters, not f-ing nanny dogs like some people like to claim. They are amazing at ignoring pain and just biting and holding, like they were bred to do. People thinking that simply "loving" them and dressing them up in little outfits will make them forget their instincts is why this type of stuff happens. Go to a dog park and you'll see Labs fetching sticks in the water, Golden Retrievers bringing back every tennis ball to their owner, Border Collies running next to other dogs tried to herd them, and maybe a Bloodhound off on its own sniffing everything. Not a single owner of those breeds taught their dog to do those things, but they just instinctively do it. Go watch videos of terriers hunting rats in barns and you'll see what looks like a sweet little Yorkie go absolutely savage and tear up every rat it sees. Thinking a Pitbull or mix doesn't have its instincts because it was raised with love is room temperature IQ thinking (or lack of it).

How many have you owned?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Dave.O

Established Member
Different breeds of dogs have different innate traits. During the past 16 years, 67% of dog attack fatalities are pit bulls so it's not just media hype. Rots make up a large part of the remaining percentage too. Here are the 2020 statistics:
View attachment 1764322

Way more bites from small lap dogs

But those aren’t reported

Go figure

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Ask somebody at a veterinarian office how many dog bites get reported and the breeds that they would rather deal with.

The media is slanted and reporting is is a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Blown 89

Established Member
It was in your link,. ****in read it yourself asshat.

And I've had 5 rotts, they are awesome! Had 1 pit that was enough.
Jesus, calm down tinker bell. The link says nothing about owners and training so you're just speculating without evidence.

jaxbusa

Established Member
I saw this on a golden retriever page and it speaks volumes to me.
Image1665514314.574573.jpg

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member

Zemedici

Established Member
First and foremost, it is very sad / unfortunate / tragic what happened, those poor babies did not deserve that.

That being said, average pit weighs what, 80lbs?

So you got 2 of them in a dominance battle over food or a toy, and Barbie in the articles gonna break them up?

They’re still animals, with instincts / characteristics they’ll have until they die.

Of course it’s all pitbulls and rotts, you know, the ones who have been bred to fight the last 75 years?

Come on guys. Who’s gonna report a chihuahua bite? My parents bred huskies, and the mail folks wouldn’t even come on the porch. It’s a size thing.

Zemedici

Established Member
And it’s amazing how fast people will sensory overload / shut down, when it comes to dogs fighting.

First shop i was at, 2 boxers get locked in a dominance battle in the lobby, and it’s me and 8 other people, 6 of which were grown men.

Nobody wanted to grab a collar to break them up, i mean NO ONE.

So me and one of their owners snatched them apart. Like guys hello?!? Rather not have a bloodbath in my lobby. Lololol

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
How many have you owned?

None.

I’m good with reading statistics to know I don’t want to take that risk. Just like I can see adverse events from other people to make my decision not to take an experimental vaccine. Or my decision to never date a single mom who’s a stripper with 4 kids from different fathers. Imagine your buddy coming to you telling you about a girl he met who fits that description, you saying it’s a bad idea, and him dismissing you saying you don’t have first hand experience therefore you can’t have an opinion. LOL.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Do you also not buy firearms because you know lefty sided statistics? LOL

Look at how many shit people that should be put down themselves that buy certain breeds because of BS stigma. The majority of the trashy white people I think should be put down that have dogs, get shit like Pit Bulls. Why? Because they want to project and the media helps that projection.

Tons of stories from my wife about “will bites” and aggressive dogs and none have been Puts or Rotties. The majority are little retard dogs or Huskies. The biggest issues with Huskies being owners from her recounting of interactions.

I’ve personally been bitten twice and both were Dalmatians.

The biggest issue I have had with Pitties and Rotties is them thinking they are lap dogs and wanting a ton of love.

Driving down the road, tryin’ to blow my load, got seven women on my mind. 4 that wanna screw me, 2 wanna blow me, 1 just wanna eat my ass. I like’em sleazy!

Users who are viewing this thread