Family pit bulls maul toddler and infant

rborden

Established Member
Several friends have pits and they’re just the sweetest, most gentle animals.

I find it hard to believe there wasn’t some sort of action that triggered this. I’m very annoyed by the media slant against pit bulls.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Gotta keep the narrative going… Pitbulls evil!!!

99% of people dont even know that a “pitbull” is. Most owners of “pitbulls” dont even know what pitbulls are.

Pitbull is a term that encompasses several different breeds which vary greatly in characteristics. Then you have a bunch of other breeds (not to mention mutts) that get lumped in and reported as “pitbulls”.

Point blank, any big dog with an ounce of “gameness” can easily end a human life. Especially when not supervised.

Terrible for those kids that parents made poor choices.

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
I find it hard to believe there wasn’t some sort of action that triggered this. I’m very annoyed by the media slant against pit bulls.
I'd argue that the media isn't slanted against them since there are tons of attacks where the media refuses to put the breed in the article, then you see a photo and it's clearly a pit or pit mix.

Dogs are bred for certain things and pits were bred to be bull baiters, not f-ing nanny dogs like some people like to claim. They are amazing at ignoring pain and just biting and holding, like they were bred to do. People thinking that simply "loving" them and dressing them up in little outfits will make them forget their instincts is why this type of stuff happens. Go to a dog park and you'll see Labs fetching sticks in the water, Golden Retrievers bringing back every tennis ball to their owner, Border Collies running next to other dogs tried to herd them, and maybe a Bloodhound off on its own sniffing everything. Not a single owner of those breeds taught their dog to do those things, but they just instinctively do it. Go watch videos of terriers hunting rats in barns and you'll see what looks like a sweet little Yorkie go absolutely savage and tear up every rat it sees. Thinking a Pitbull or mix doesn't have its instincts because it was raised with love is room temperature IQ thinking (or lack of it).

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
Can't imagine how these parents feel. Super sad! Don't think I would own one. I understand that a lot has to do with how it raised and kept but if they do go crazy they are so strong that serious injury or death can happen.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I find it hard to believe there wasn’t some sort of action that triggered this.

the average person is borderline incompetent anymore, I wouldn't be surprised if there were issues the owners were oblivious too and thats something that can happen with any breed.

Take a dog with issues and do stupid shit and see what happens - case in point these social media "challenges" where people would be face to face with their dog and suddenly bark at it really loud to see what they do

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
I'd argue that the media isn't slanted against them since there are tons of attacks where the media refuses to put the breed in the article, then you see a photo and it's clearly a pit or pit mix.

Dogs are bred for certain things and pits were bred to be bull baiters, not f-ing nanny dogs like some people like to claim. They are amazing at ignoring pain and just biting and holding, like they were bred to do. People thinking that simply "loving" them and dressing them up in little outfits will make them forget their instincts is why this type of stuff happens. Go to a dog park and you'll see Labs fetching sticks in the water, Golden Retrievers bringing back every tennis ball to their owner, Border Collies running next to other dogs tried to herd them, and maybe a Bloodhound off on its own sniffing everything. Not a single owner of those breeds taught their dog to do those things, but they just instinctively do it. Go watch videos of terriers hunting rats in barns and you'll see what looks like a sweet little Yorkie go absolutely savage and tear up every rat it sees. Thinking a Pitbull or mix doesn't have its instincts because it was raised with love is room temperature IQ thinking (or lack of it).
Agreed.
When I was 4 I was mauled by my neighbors Chow and ended up with 164 stitches in my face. I only survived because another neighbor just happened to be doing yard work and saw it happening.
I understand any dog can bite and can ultimately kill a human, but some breeds are just a helluva lot better at doing it when they decide to flip the switch.

If you have any large breed dog you are taking a chance. With pits I think they have a higher chance of biting and a LOT higher chance of doing major damage/killing.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

Your view is pretty naive... Sounds to me like you are parroting what gets put out in ridiculous hipster style articles.

Dogs are more complex that just a “breed”. They have individual personalities and most importantly are a product of their environment.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Agreed.
When I was 4 I was mauled by my neighbors Chow and ended up with 164 stitches in my face. I only survived because another neighbor just happened to be doing yard work and saw it happening.
I understand any dog can bite and can ultimately kill a human, but some breeds are just a helluva lot better at doing it when they decide to flip the switch.

If you have any large breed dog you are taking a chance. With pits I think they have a higher chance of biting and a LOT higher chance of doing major damage/killing.

Lmao. You say “agreed”…. Yet totally disprove his rationale with your personal experience and thoughts on the subject.

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
Lmao. You say “agreed”…. Yet totally disprove his rationale with your personal experience and thoughts on the subject.
Did I?
I agreed with his post and then expanded on how all large dogs are a risk.
I'm not sure how this can even be a discussion. There is tons of research done on this topic and they all point to Pits being the most likely to cause severe harm/death.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Did I?
I agreed with his post and then expanded on how all large dogs are a risk.
I'm not sure how this can even be a discussion. There is tons of research done on this topic and they all point to Pits being the most likely to cause severe harm/death.
Yes, you sure did… “Pits are most vicious, but a Chow mauled me / face into needing 164 stiches!”….

Like you said, ANY large dog can cause massive damage (to include death).

This isn't limited to “pits”.

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
Yes, you sure did… “Pits are most vicious, but a Chow mauled me / face into needing 164 stiches!”….

Like you said, ANY large dog can cause massive damage (to include death).

This isn't limited to “pits”.
Its funny when someone uses quotation marks and then doesn't actually quote anyone. The only person who said "Pits are most vicious" is you.

I agreed with his post, and then expanded on it. He even mentions that Terriers can be vicious little things.
I didn't disprove anything he said.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Its funny when someone uses quotation marks and then doesn't actually quote anyone. The only person who said "Pits are most vicious" is you.

I agreed with his post, and then expanded on it. He even mentions that Terriers can be vicious little things.
I didn't disprove anything he said.

Yeah… You agreed with his post which stated that the media is not slanted towards pits….. LMAO. Serious?

You agreed with this post in which he sets up pits as bull baiting dogs that ignore pain and just bite and hold…. Never mind the training they receive or the environment they were raised in. LOL. Ok.

Then you tell your story, in which you are actually a statistic that shows how ALL large breeds can and will **** you up, given the right input.

Cant get any more clear, bud.

Blown 89

Established Member
Different breeds of dogs have different innate traits. During the past 16 years, 67% of dog attack fatalities are pit bulls so it's not just media hype. Rots make up a large part of the remaining percentage too. Here are the 2020 statistics:
2020-dog-bite-fatality-chart.jpg

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
That chart is laughable, bro…. Looks like a kindergartener’s project…

Lets ignore the actual statistics that matter… lol

Blown 89

Established Member

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not the one ignoring statistics.

Those are worthless…

Please do inform me of other dog breeds where MULTIPLE different dog breeds get lumped in as just one… Lets see:

- American Pitbull Terriers are the true and only “pitbulls”.
- American Staffordshire Terriers get lumped in as pitbulls.
- Staffordshire Bull Terriers get lumped in as pitbulls.
- Bull Terriers get lumped in as pitbulls.
- American Bullies get lumped in as pitbulls.
- American Bulldogs get lumped in as pitbulls.
- Dogo Argentinos get lumped in / confused as pitbulls.
- Presa Canarios get confused as pitbulls.
- Cane Corso get confused as pitbulls.

Lets not mention the myriad of other mutts and mixes that happen to have a muscular athletic body and a squared face…. Lumped in as “pitbulls”….

How about the more important statistics?How about informing us of the dog breeds ratio. How many “pits” vs say German Shepherds in the inner cities?
How many pits vs. Presa Canario who are owned by trash / irresponsible owners?
How many Golden Retrievers live in abusive homes vs. pitbulls.
Whats the dog of choice for the average low IQ gansta / thug wanna be…???

What a joke!

Users who are viewing this thread