Falling a tree......with obstacles

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
We bought our first house in June and since then we've been working on clearing the back yard from the crazy over growth and then clearing the few problem trees. The video below is of me dropping the biggest tree in the yard between the garage and the dining room......it was a little tricky but very fun. Nothing a big rope and a FJ cruiser cant fix

[youtube_browser]myKohCcjfNg[/youtube_browser]

This is the back yard before and after (we are no where close to finished). There was a chainlink fence underneath all of that brush......
0F9U4C.jpg
Ct7jN3.jpg

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Nice job on the tree, brushing is always such a fun experience!

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Nice work!

My 30 acre lot is about 95% wooded, just in the two acres that I mow and maintain, I have dropped about 80 trees in the last few years. Hell, we dropped 6 more last Sunday to make room for my garage that is starting next week lol. My brother pulls them with his 02 Ranger, works perfect to drop them right where you want.

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
Nice job on the tree, brushing is always such a fun experience!

I grew up landscaping so this is all very satisfying to finally be doing it at my own house!

Hot damn!

Best part of the video, haha
Nice work!

My 30 acre lot is about 95% wooded, just in the two acres that I mow and maintain, I have dropped about 80 trees in the last few years. Hell, we dropped 6 more last Sunday to make room for my garage that is starting next week lol. My brother pulls them with his 02 Ranger, works perfect to drop them right where you want.

Thats awsome! This will probably be the only tree I get to fall unless we tear down the existing garage and put up a two car like we really want.
It's nice what a few hundred pounds of pull will do to the tree

Should have used this guy instead.

[video=youtube;RZCD-Mu-ZXQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZCD-Mu-ZXQ[/video]

Good god man

Good job!

Thanks buddy

This is the backyard right now
eCVekh.jpg

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
i liked it better before. i'd rather see trees and green than my neighbors garage.

Well, normally I would agree. But it all dies in the winter so Im gonna see them regardless, and honestly I just don't want our German Shepard and our Lab playing in the brush and bringing more bugs in the house. Allot of this was done to rid the property of places for bugs/insects to hide and then jump on the dogs or get into the house

Users who are viewing this thread