Falcon Cobra??

grandestang

Exponentially
Established Member
That is the Ford Falcon, only available in Australia or New Zealand. Its a pretty sweet deal actually using a 5.4 DOHC (which I'm pretty sure is right outta the Cobra R). It puzzles me why Ford wouldn't offer something like that in the US. Possibly because of tighter safetly regulations, or the gas guzzler tax here in the US.

I don't really know anything specific about the one in the picture, maybe they put a blower on the 5.4 DOHC. Thats the only way I could see it being a "10 second wepon"

Last edited:

BenBrausen

Established Member
From what I've read the Falcons make around 450hp. Another 4-door sleeper baby. They aren't made in the US because of regulations on smog and gas consumption. They also offer it with a lil diff power output in a truck kinda version. The Falcon's 5.4L uses a modified version of the Cobra R pistons, so there is now an avaliable replacement for Cobra R owner's once unavaliable pistons. Now there's no reason not to run some boost on your R. :-D

Last edited:

COBRA32

Established Member
Guys the one on the cover is XR6, a turbo in line six with the boost turned up. They our turning 10-second times in those boosted up sixes! They have the best 4-door performance Ford ever made; while we get this fwd economy crap 4 door cars over here. The only decent performance 4 door ford products over here are the Volvo S60R and XJR Jaguar cars.

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
I figure it's a matter of time..but with a 3V 4.6L just so that we have sumptin to represent against the GTSlow... cause we all know that there is no way that it will compete with the snake...

Parmgeddon

Established Member
Saw the falcon up at Ford's 100th it is a great looking car.......my brither and I are hoping ford would bring it over like Pontiac did with the GTO......Australia's safety standards are real close to the United states....just flip the steering wheel to the left side and it would pretty much be ready to go......and the Rancharo didnt die down there!!!! Damn Aussies have all of the luck

Users who are viewing this thread