fake Cobra's

BLOCKER

Here in Canada all canadain sold mustang GT's from 87-93 came with a cobra badge on the back of the car. they were cald Ford Mustang Cobra GT, now there is no difference between the Canadian version and the american GT (other than the badging and spedometer) how do you guys feel about this?

Second of all how do you feel about people making their cars to look like cobra R's and trying to pass them off as one? or Lighting or anything SVT?

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
About the tagging with different decals than belong on your car, that is how the import cars get to say they beat a cobra-R or lighting or other fast ford vehicle, is when idiots re-badge, and dont have the stuff to back it up. Also known as Posers....................

98yellowcobra

Established Member
what i hate the most is when people put cobra badges on the side of their v6 or gt, but make no attempt to make it look like a cobra. it basically is saying "hey, im a moron! look at me in my fake snake"

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
So did they still have the regular GT ground effects?
Same deal, just a Cobra emblem on the back?

Well... you guys got screwed :D

Wonder why Ford did that??
Did they offer the REAL Cobra in '93??

QuickStangs

Established Member
I don't mind posers I just hate when they lie about it when you ask if it's real or not. I saw a guy two weeks ago with saleen graphics cobra badge on the rear with 5.0 fender emblems now this guy is :-?

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
There was a 95 Cobra at the races a in August, the guy who owned it was trying to say it was a Cobra R. I looked inside and said "Why did you add a back seat?" He said "Oh that's so my kids can ride in the car." Then I asked, "Did you take out the 351? Why?" He said "Uh...I blew it and built this 5.0 for it and it's better" Yeah right, and the factory ford CD player was an add on too right? The car was FAST though he had it built right!

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
WHY would you try to pawn off such an OBVIOUS fake????
Geeze, was the car RED too??? :D :D :D

What a dumbass....
:bash:

QuickStangs

Established Member
When ever I take my cobra out I occasionally get asked if it's real our not. I use to keep a copy of papers in my glove box with the matching vin. I don't even bother now it's not worth the arguement :)

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
I still gotta do this....

I had seen where someone had taken their certificate to Kinko's, had a color copy made and shrunk it down to a keychain size, laminated it and carried it! Slick....

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
I'd have to call and get another certificate though... my other one I had matted with the Bondurant letter and a couple emblems... spendy but VERY kewel! :D :D :D :D

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
This is the 95 R clone I was talking about...looks just like one from the outside.

ClonebraR.jpg

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
So did he "add" an antenna to it then too? I can't tell from the pic.

I'm sure you didn't get in his car and feel, but you could of patted his carpet and said "Gee, you felt to need to add factory sound deadener/insulation too huh?" FAKE R!!

He had manual windows & locks then? Did he have the STB on? (no). What happened to the factory coolant de-gas tank right by the driver's side of the upper plenum? Also the '95 R's radiator did not come with a drain, so one was spliced into the lower radiator hose, bet that wasn't on there either...
The air-to-oil pwr. steering cooler was mounted behind the left-hand side brake duct opening, I'm betting that wasn't there. All around the engine bay the bolt heads will have white marks on them (including on the custom upper rad. brackets) indicating that the fasteners have been properly torqued. Just to the right of the upper rad. bracket there should be red numbers stamped on the white paint of the header, these were the vehicle build date (examp: 3 1 was 3/1/95).
The REAL R's had a F5ZV PN molded into the hood just to the right of where the prop rod goes.

Hillie, print this out and next time you see this schmuck go through that car and pick it apart and flog the guy with these questions... then give 'em a ticket for lieing to a cop!!!
:D :rolling: :D :rolling: :D

P.S. Lemme guess... he didn't like the factory fuel cell and wanted to put a regular gas tank in it....?

Last edited:

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
Already printed!! Thanks....can't wait to see his face!

[sinister] MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA[/sinister]

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Originally posted by sohowcome
LOL tim also the car picture isnt low enough to the ground to be an R:D

Well you can't tell from that pic cuz the thing is transfering weight on launch and has a pretty good ammount of power it seems from the pic! :eek:

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by SVT X 2

Well you can't tell from that pic cuz the thing is transfering weight on launch and has a pretty good ammount of power it seems from the pic! :eek:
maybe its anti-gravity powering it............

Users who are viewing this thread