fake cobra r hood ???

svgt

Established Member
Hey everyone so I have bought a cobra r hood or so I thought the top of the hood seems to be a cobra r hood but the underneath is identical to that of my gt hood any thoughts I bought it used and don't have the guys number anymore only spent 180.oo as it needed some repairs but would like to know how it was made or if anyone has had this issue Ive seen replicas but even theres the underneath is completely empty with no triangular sheet braces on the underneath thanks guys

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Sounds like you bought an HO Fibertrends hood.

I've got one on my R, and like you mentioned, it does not have the cut out triangular brace underneath.

I put this on my car after having many issues with bubbles and cracks on the factory hood, as did many other 2000R owners.

If it looks the same on top, why are you concerned that it is different than stock underneath ? :shrug:

svgt

Established Member
well you see my stock gt hood wont clear my tork tech kit so I had to buy a cobra hood now the underneath of this cobra r hood looks identical to my gt one so now I may have to cut into it like I was trying to avoid when I had the hood the cut wont go all the way through the hood which is a good thing but I just didn't want to have to do this and now ive wanted 180.00 when I could have spent it elsewhere for other parts, do you still have your stock cobra r hood polly not if so ill buy

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Oh is ee what you're saying.

Then you do want an HO Fibertrends hood, it has no bracing underneath and will clear your intake.

And thanks for the offer, but my hood is not for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread