Factory wire wrap coming undone. How have you fixed it??

JCDriller

Established Member
I just picked up another Terminator, this one is in such nice condition I’m going to resist mods for now. However, some of the wire wrap is coming unwound. Has anyone successfully fixed this? If so how??

Also, my 97 has a label under the hood that is lifting, any ideas for this???

Attachments

• F564CBE1-26D4-486D-BA5D-1061AD8CB419.jpeg
    F564CBE1-26D4-486D-BA5D-1061AD8CB419.jpeg
    249.2 KB · Views: 164
  • B7A7CF58-7F8A-46E4-A361-34107F5431BF.jpeg
    B7A7CF58-7F8A-46E4-A361-34107F5431BF.jpeg
    402.2 KB · Views: 145
  • ADAEAA2C-F4CF-4A93-AF2A-F9E2660B3702.jpeg
    ADAEAA2C-F4CF-4A93-AF2A-F9E2660B3702.jpeg
    193.8 KB · Views: 137

2003 Venomous

Established Member
Acetone will reactivate the glue. If not, try a few dabs of some super glue. Not sure how much dirt the unglued portion has collected....

I tried some 3M adhesive that was mildly effective years ago.

03' White Snake

Established Member

JCDriller

Established Member
Thanks guys this give me something to try, if the acetone doesn’t work, I’ll try another glue and then I’ll move on to the silicone rubber tape.

Superglue turns white, I’ll see if I can find another type that won’t turn white when it dries.

blownfox

Established Member
Were you driving it Thursday down 21st street? I was going westbound and said damn that's a clean SB cobra.

When you decide to mod it, I have some kook long tubes with x-pipe laying around...

Congrats on the car.

Last edited:

JCDriller

Established Member
Were you driving it Thursday down 21st street? I was going westbound and said damn the a clean SB cobra.

When you decide to mod it, I have some kook long tubes with x-pipe laying around...

Congrats on the car.
Yep, that was me. First and only time I drove the car :)

I have to get some new front tires on it, still has the original front tires, don’t trust 20 year old tires. Some LMR 18” repos are on their way, going to install Michelin pilot sport 4s, then do a set of CCWs with summer time tires.

I’ll keep those headers in mind. I need Fat House to finish my GT500 before I even think about modding this car.

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
Were you driving it Thursday down 21st street? I was going westbound and said damn that's a clean SB cobra.

Congrats on the car.

You decided not to do the headers, why not?

As for the OP you might look into model adhesives. They have glues to apply adhesive to decals. I think that's what I'm going to try on my car because the door decal is coming off, really pisses me off to because the car only has 16k miles.

I bought a replacement door decal that's licensed by Ford and close to $100 but the colors and clarity don't match the original.

JCDriller

Established Member

As for the OP you might look into model adhesives. They have glues to apply adhesive to decals. I think that's what I'm going to try on my car because the door decal is coming off, really pisses me off to because the car only has 16k miles.

I bought a replacement door decal that's licensed by Ford and close to $100 but the colors and clarity don't match the original.

@cj428mach That’s a good idea! I got some of the silicone tape in and it doesn’t have the cloth impregnated in it like the tape on the car. I’ll clean it with alcohol and then glue it like you recommended. If that doesn’t work I’ll switch to silicone tape.

Also are you around Wichita too?? I just picked up one of your caged 4lb lowers for this car off the exchange. Pretty cool if they originated around here!

cj428mach

Established Member
@cj428mach That’s a good idea! I got some of the silicone tape in and it doesn’t have the cloth impregnated in it like the tape on the car. I’ll clean it with alcohol and then glue it like you recommended. If that doesn’t work I’ll switch to silicone tape.

Also are you around Wichita too?? I just picked up one of your caged 4lb lowers for this car off the exchange. Pretty cool if they originated around here!
Yes I'm in Newton.

Ive had a few big irons in the fire the last couple years so I haven't been too involved in mine lately.

I've decided recently I want to change catbacks so I thought about reaching out to the locals to see if they have anything. There use to be an ict terminator page on Facebook but I can't find it anymore so maybe it's gone. I can't remember if blownfox was a member or how we got introduced to each other.

I think Joe Glancy still has his SY car and my buddy Waffleman still has his that he turbo swapped and they're in the Wichita area too.

blownfox

Established Member

I still have headers. I swapped to ARH hoping the ground clearance would be better. It was pretty much the same so ended up raising the car a little.

I wasn't a member if the ICT terminator page.

Aaron has a RF with a 2.9 Whipple and lives in my neighborhood.

There's also a sale guy at the lexus dealership that has a nice SB.

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
I still have headers. I swapped to ARH hoping the ground clearance would be better. It was pretty much the same so ended up raising the car a little.

I wasn't a member if the ICT terminator page.

Aaron has a RF with a 2.9 Whipple and lives in my neighborhood.

There's also a sale guy at the lexus dealership that has a nice SB.
Yeah I forgot about Aaron, I sold him my old Borla stingers years ago.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I just picked up another Terminator, this one is in such nice condition I’m going to resist mods for now. However, some of the wire wrap is coming unwound. Has anyone successfully fixed this? If so how??

Also, my 97 has a label under the hood that is lifting, any ideas for this???

Give this a try:

OR this:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Your link says it's $11.99 a roll, which isn't bad considering what it does.

Interesting tape! I might have to grab a roll of this.

Silver95

Established Member
What you are looking for is harness tape produced by TESA.

It is the oem supplier for many oems and based out of Germany.

It has that felt/cloth like material. I re did my entire harness during my fox build with this stuff and it is absolutely top shelf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
What you are looking for is harness tape produced by TESA.

It is the oem supplier for many oems and based out of Germany.

It has that felt/cloth like material. I re did my entire harness during my fox build with this stuff and it is absolutely top shelf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I use vinyl wrapping tape. Pretty much electrical tape without the glue and use TESA tape at junctions and ends. Works well.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Your link says it's $11.99 a roll, which isn't bad considering what it does.

Interesting tape! I might have to grab a roll of this.

This is a similar product I've used in the past. Had a couple pin hole leaks in a coolant hose on a boat in Canada, wrapped them in this hoping to make it to the next port. Back in South Carolina 8 months later, after making the trip down the coast, I replaced the hose. It never leaked with Rescue Tape installed and I kept that hose as a spare.

bull_dog190

Established Member
I just ordered some TESA tape. Will give it a try! Some areas of tape around the supercharger are coming undone. Thanks for the recommendation

Users who are viewing this thread