Factory tow hooks & fire extinguisher

Eng90

Established Member
Hey guys,

Im not sure if we do have factory tow hooks or hook location and if we have a factory fire extinguisher on our mustangs.

My mustang is 2013 boss 302 ,, Please help me where are they located if we have them from factory.

And if not please recommend me on what to do or what to get ..

nyuk98GT

Established Member
Eng90,

No personal experience with these but I have some stuff squirreled away for future use, lol.

There are places on the (inner) bumper where you can install tow hook brackets. I don't think that there are dedicated mounting points (threaded holes) for a fire extinguisher. Doubtful that Ford would make provision for a fire extinguisher because most Mustang owners will never install an extinguisher. Maybe the Boss cars are different than the plainer GT's?

Blowfish Racing, CoolTech, and Andy's Auto Sport make tow rings (front, maybe rear, too). Ford Performance makes front and a rear tow ring kits (M-17954-F and M-17954-RA, respectively). There's a Boss forum (TrackMustangsOnline) that you'll probably find pretty helpful since you are tracking your car.

I've seen a nice fire extinguisher bracket kit but I don't remember where I saw it. Run a search here and see if 'extinguisher' turns up what you want.

HTH,

Chris

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread