Factory subframe connectors?

redzaku

Established Member
So ordered maximum Motorsport subframe connectors and lifted the car to make sure the rear coilovers were all good still and noticed something
55f41bbad54f89f072620a8a99e57ff7.jpg
437b41826a7832237b2eb707955d07a9.jpg

If it’s factory where do the maximum motorsports subframe connectors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
It looks like someone has already installed connectors.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Only verts come from the factory with subframe connectors. And those are thin and useless. Those don't look factory. You've been under the car and didn't notice those before?

52merc

Established Member
I have vert OE subframes on my car right now. Got them for free and put them on so when I bottom out on speed bumps I hit them first. I'm saving up for SFCs with jacking rails. Until then, I have to poor-boy it.

redzaku

Established Member
Only verts come from the factory with subframe connectors. And those are thin and useless. Those don't look factory. You've been under the car and didn't notice those before?

Never even noticed them lol jack the front up from the k member and put the jack stand on the reinforced pinch weld for oil changes but since i ordered subframe connectors I looked at the area and saw it rarely drive the car and haven’t had it for long maybe 9 months 3 oil changes. Looks like ima have to pay extra for the removing and welding of the sub frame

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
At this point I would send the subframe connectors back and invest that money into jacking rails with the pieces that connect the rails to the subframe connectors. You'll be better off in the end.

redzaku

Established Member
Anyone know lmr return policy? Yeah I think for my goals it should be fine maybe they’ll let me extra for torque box reinforcements and/or jack rails

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I would def replace those 3/4 length bolt on OEM sfc with the full length sfc you purchased. Then install the jacking rails if you wish.

redzaku

Established Member
They’re welded on pretty, clean welds too. why I thought it was oem. Going to call a shop and see how much it’ll cost to remove and weld the sfc. Seems like the one on the car are sve sfc.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I would def replace those 3/4 length bolt on OEM sfc with the full length sfc you purchased. Then install the jacking rails if you wish.

I'm pretty sure those aren't the factory connectors. It's been a minute, but I remember the factory ones being more square. It's hard to tell, but I think I see a seat re-enforcement bracket in the bottom pic. That's not factory if it's there.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
They’re welded on pretty, clean welds too. why I thought it was oem. Going to call a shop and see how much it’ll cost to remove and weld the sfc. Seems like the one on the car are sve sfc.

If they're welded I'd leave them and look into the jacking rails. The factory connectors are bolted into place.

redzaku

Established Member
Yeah I’m probably just going to keep them on. Eventually I hope to find a project 94-04 gt for a road course/drift car so I’ll just keep it for that. Or maybe I’ll find someone to trade for other parts on the good old Craigslist.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If they're welded I'd leave them and look into the jacking rails. The factory connectors are bolted into place.
I was just going to say that as far as I knew, the factory connectors are bolted on and not welded. I know for sure the connectors on the Terminator convertibles are bolted on. And they're definitely sub-par. Aftermarket connectors (and jacking rails) are highly recommended. Connectors to stiffen and jacking rails for jacking.

Users who are viewing this thread