Factory fan temp settings

Dan04COBRA

Established Member
Been a while since my 03 Terminator has been on the road. Cooling fan cracked first trip this spring and the car saw 210 degrees.

Replaced the fan using the old resistor (new resistor was broken during shipping). Since it's been years since the car has been on the road, I'm unsure of operating temps, I seem to remember seeing 170-198 on my Aeroforces but I could just be dumb.

I idled the car up to 205 with no fans and shut it off. Started it again and the high speed fan appeared to kick on at 198 and shut off again at 194. Never saw or heard the low speed fan on. Maybe I'm retarded and I'm thinking of my other car. I took it back out today and saw 205 with no fan running again and just parked it. Either way, what are the stock temp settings for the fans?

Fan does turn on with max AC.

Is my resistor tired? Could the cracked & jammed old fan have damaged it? Or do these just run hotter than I recall? My Aerforce shows 200+, dash gauge is not reading hot.

Car is tuned and has a 170 tstat from previous owner.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
factory stock, the low speed fan does not come on until 212 degrees. it goes off at 206.

the high speed fan comes on at 224, off at 219

hotcobra03

Established Member
I had lowered my settings for 170 tstat .uses his site to follow how to set them
I also upgraded radiator to 3 core

I have just a basic prediator tuner,,but it was enough for mine.

I also had some issues with intermediate fan ..
The connection wasn't fully seated, fan side the wire was pulled back to far,,I had to push barrels back out, Than watched as I connected to not pull on harness ..
Others have had similar issues with plug melting

Users who are viewing this thread