factory cats are pluging up.

greg

Established Member
My Ford dealer informed me that I will be getting a recall from ford reguarding the catalitic converters. They are getting clogged. Has anybody heard of this?

Terminator03

banned
Ive heard about bad gas clogging cats from the factory but no other issues. Could this possibly be the skunk smell some people are talking about? hmmmmmmm, oh well glad my cats are out.

fakesnake.com

Established Member
I had mine replaced at 15 miles before the dealer even saw the car. Make sure they check out your mufflers. My cats blew out and the debris was sitting in the mufflers. They only replaced the H pipe. I noticed it when I took off the mufflers to replace with aftermarket ones

mosconiac

Established Member
I have not heard of this, but I have a sneaking suspicion that my cats are doing just that. As miles roll by (I'm at 1100 right now), my '03 is getting more and more "sluggish" and is developing a sort of "miss" at mid-RPM's. Mind you, it's still strong, just "falling off".

The dealership is checking into this right now.

Keep us informed.

Mosconiac

mosconiac

Established Member
Funny the "skunk" smell was mentioned. My '03 gives off a "skunky" smell occasionally too. Hmmmm.

Mosconiac

mosconiac

Established Member
I told the dealer to do this...check & replace plugs as needed, reflash computer for good luck and check & replace cats as needed (I'm having them rap on the cats & mufflers with a rubber mallet looking for peices).

They are leery as well...they scheduled 4-days of shop space for my '03!

My fingers are crossed.

Mosconiac

Users who are viewing this thread