Factory A/F Gauge Inaccuracy?

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
I’ve recently received a new tune for my n/a 2017 GT auto to revise for new injectors that support E85, but while doing datalogs for the new 93 tune, my factory a/f ratio seems to be way off, showing idle and cruising at 11.5-12.2 and even jumping to 10.0 at WOT sometimes. Before the new tune and injectors, it would always fluctuate around 14.0 at idle and cruising

But in the actual logs, lambda is showing around 1.0 at idle, and .82-.86 at WOT, which ive been told is normal for just a bolt on car. Could it just be that my factory gauge is inaccurate now due to the new injectors being different? I’ve had like 5 revisions and the car runs great, I just want to be safe with it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I don't believe the factory gauge knows when the car has switched to E85. I know on my Lund FF tune or E85R tune it shows 10.x AFR's and Alex from Lund tuning has said this is 100% normal. The Ngauge meanwhile gives out completely normal AFR readings.

I see you're still on 93, I have a feeling the factory AFR gauge is set around known factory flow rates and any tampering with that causes the computer to trip up. Above my pay grade though, if the logs are looking safe I'd trust those.

Users who are viewing this thread