Facebook Disabled My Account, Wants ID?

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
I've had my account for about 8 years, and out of the blue they disabled it, and require ID to reactivate. Needless to say, I'm not giving them my ID. Any way around this?

4601S/C

Established Member
Did this info come to you via email? Sounds like it might be a scam.

MFE

Established Member
Maybe your account has been hacked and flagged as a spammer?

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
I have a made up name facebook account that I've had for years, hope they don't bust me.

Me as well and guessing that is the issue as FB wants you to represent your real name.

My guess is i got reported for telling a aFast Food worker he does not deserve $15 bucks per hour and pointing out the restaurant failure in Seattle.

oldmodman

Established Member
All the social media sites need a lot more control.

First thing they should be made to remember is that they are American Companies and they need to shut down that Islamic terrorist recruiting shit RIGHT THE **** NOW!

If they know when you use the term "illegal alien" and reprimand you for that then they certainly know when terrorists wanting to kill Americans are spewing their shit and could shut it down just as easily.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
OP is correct, but not 100%. Trust me I know, I just went through this. They yanked my troll account. :( Years of fun, and oh did I push my limits...all down the drain. So, I attempted to recreate it. :) I didn't want my home IP used, so I did it from a fast food restaurant, which looking back was horrible dumb. It auto went into "prove who you are" and wanted a phone number since it was a public wifi probably. Cool, have my Google Voice number. :) I thought I was clear, but then it instantly went into the second version, what the OP got his with...

https://www.facebook.com/help/www/159096464162185

HwGVTzQ.png

29HQWmf.png

zRlhETJ.png

See, you can block out tons of stuff, they just want to prevent spam bots. If I had to guess OP, someone reported your account. Per FB, once you prove you are legit, they delete the proof from their server, and note your account that you will never be asked again for proof.

I won't say exactly which route I went with for my new account, but I literally used MS-Paint. I'm serious. I don't know/own Photoshop, so I used Paint. My account is now approved and I'm back to having fun. Bonus, several pages that block/banned me, I can now post at again. :)

Last edited:

shurur

Established Member
Lots of fake FBers using fake names and email accounts to create an ID in order to comment in papers to legitimate, honest posters.

If someone uses a Fake ID/name to get around the rules of a newsite...well then they shouldn't complain if they get found out.

If commenting on sites that allow anonymity...fine....provided no violating of the rules is being done.

If you don't have the willingness to use your real name on a site that requires it...well....

Nice to see FB is getting a clue and clamping down.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I am so glad I cancelled my personal Facebook account a few years ago. Also cancelled my Twitter and Instagram accounts.

Users who are viewing this thread