Fabulous Fords 2023

ARMEDSVT

Established Member
The organizer of Ponies at the Pike was a douche! I met you that year you went Bob. I think everyone that got a trophy or some kind of recognition was from his car club. I think Steve from TF was there too.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
The organizer of Ponies at the Pike was a douche! I met you that year you went Bob. I think everyone that got a trophy or some kind of recognition was from his car club. I think Steve from TF was there too.
The guy behind me at that show had picked up his GT500 from the shop the night before. He was pissed during the award ceremony because he just wanted to go drive his car.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
My buddy and I are leaving SD around 5am to try and make a meet up spot at the Walmart by Irwindale. It looks like rollout from there is at 7am.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ha! Yep J.D., I remember you. I don't remember Steve being there, but maybe he was. I thought I had asked him if he'd be there and he said he couldn't make it. Heck, it was long enough back where I honestly am not sure. LOL. Except for the organizer being a real idiot, overall we had a good time. I met a number of great folks that weekend.

Eddie_Drift

Established Member
The weather was nice. The organization was bad, seemed very lazy as they didnt have any of the vehicles organized. My cobra was way far from all the other scattered cobras out there. I went to go park with a few cobras at the end when people started leaving. Alot of nice builds out there
IMG_20230416_080216_943.jpg
PXL_20230416_222207568.MP.jpg

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
One of the few times I was at my car a couple came by and told me they were part of the crew I rolled in with, but the part she was with got separated while parking.

To be honest, next year I'll probably just roll in with my buddy and call it good.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's a shame it wasn't better organized, car grouping wise. Did the event advertise they were grouping cars?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
That's a shame it wasn't better organized, car grouping wise. Did the event advertise they were grouping cars?
This year they tried something new. Instead of having it done by class it was basically first come first serve. If you had a group you could show up together and park together. So if my buddy with the 2019 5.0 wanted to show we could roll in together and park next to each other. In our case we got a bunch of Cobras together to basically make our own snake pit. It worked out for a couple car clubs I know of since they have all years and models. But for some reason about half of the Cobras ended up in another part of the lot.

Pros and cons to each. I like being in the Cobra class, but it's not the same without the snake pit really. Next year my daughter wants to show and she might be in a newer Bullitt so I'd like to be able to park next to her if possible.

Has anyone happened to see the video of the girl skipping around the Cobras and twirling in her little skirt? Asking for a friend since his car was in one of the shots....

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, I can see how/why some want the cars parked by class. That's the norm. And the idea of having a "snake pit" is a great one, and popular. IMO this year's parking focus was more akin to a car cruise where buddies typically park together. So while some likely preferred how Fabulous Ford did it for 2023, I'll bet the majority would prefer parking by Class. JMO.

Users who are viewing this thread