F1A 8-rib Build Thread

phillipmach1

Established Member
4_17_12_phonepics057.jpg

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Besides the pulleys, what exact changes did you have to make? Did you just use longer bushings to space the bracket out farther? Or do you have a totally different bracket from the standard P1/D1 6 rib setup?

I'd like to do this conversion but I want to make sure I have all the right parts.

I can just get most of the pulleys off a stock 5.4 truck, right? I could get them at the wrecking yard.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
thread revival fail

It's a Sticky. :poke: :beer:

Besides the pulleys, what exact changes did you have to make? Did you just use longer bushings to space the bracket out farther? Or do you have a totally different bracket from the standard P1/D1 6 rib setup?

I'd like to do this conversion but I want to make sure I have all the right parts.

I can just get most of the pulleys off a stock 5.4 truck, right? I could get them at the wrecking yard.

Standard 6-rib blower bracket works, you just have to space it out a bit.

Yes, I believe the Navigator has the right pullies? I bought my kit from BGG Performance because it came with spacer bushings for various pullies.

phillipmach1

Established Member

Yes the 8 rib kit came with bushings/spacers for the bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread