F150 speedometer problems

evn62719

USMC
Established Member
Damn. Maybe check used? See if you can find one at a junkyard with around the same mileage or someone can program it so you aren’t down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I found some on eBay for $99. Guess I need to see how much it would be to program I though.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
That seems like a pretty good option. Thanks.

if you go this route please give us feedback. I did a real quick search on them when I bookmarked it and they seemed pretty legit.

If a used cluster is $100 on ebay I bet you end up real close to that $200 to have the odometer updated and such. If these guys really do fix the root of the issues and have a 1 year warranty seems like it'd be worth it for ~$50

evn62719

USMC
Established Member
Well I fixed it. Since I was going to replace it anyway I decided to put my redneck engineering degree to use. I found the smallest drill bit I have and drilled through the plastic right in line with the 0 MPH mark. The idea was to barely sink the drill bit into the speedometer face and break it off even with the plastic and use it as a rest for the needle so it couldn’t go below the 0 mark. After I got the bit in I made it do a gauge sweep and stuck the bit all the way through to the face and caught the needle. When I caught it there and didn’t let it fall past 0 whatever is supposed to hold it there re engaged and it started working correctly again. Pulled the drill bit out and now just have a tiny hole in the plastic.

Users who are viewing this thread