F/S: Caged 4lb lower crank pulley

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
Back when we were first making these this was the 2nd prototype unit that was on my personal car. It has around 2500 miles on it but ZERO miles on the new bearings which include 2 new bearings for the idler and one for the crank pulley. The old bearings were taken out for inspection and looked great when removed. New ones were put back in when reassembled. The diameter of the crank pulley is 8 1/2" (4lb). This particular caged pulley has the best of everything...4140 steel 6-pin driver with male hex front cover to stop from over-tightening, 4140 center drive piece with 14mm hex openings on both ends, 6 new bushings in higher durometer rubber, powdercoated cage in silver, double bearing idler. Back when we were selling these, something like this would cost over $1000, im only asking $750. Heres a few pics.

pulley1_zps95ad145d.gif

pulley2_zpsa099f3fd.gif

pulley4_zps49b8459d.gif

pulley3_zpsf7dd9990.gif

pulley6_zps4a073109.gif

pulley7_zps940e5bd3.gif

pulley8_zpsb1ae3a1e.gif

pulley9_zpsc9c0ed10.gif

S6302103_zps8ab8cc61.gif

S6302104_zps9f48bfc5.gif

S6302165_zpsd1f2ab42.gif

S6302166_zps6b910a0d.gif

S6302167_zpsfeba189e.gif

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
John, this is Matt.

I know the guys who made this, extremely intelligent ! This is a well engineered piece. Extremely mature, honest, and intelligent seller here guys. Wish I had the $ for this, someone better snag this thing super quick.

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
John, this is Matt.

I know the guys who made this, extremely intelligent ! This is a well engineered piece. Extremely mature, honest, and intelligent seller here guys. Wish I had the $ for this, someone better snag this thing super quick.

Hey Matt long time no see... how's the cobra running?

My wife has one of the original caged lowers from the GB on her Comp Orange, great piece!

Glad you like it!!

That things a work of art, I also wish I had the coin to pick it up :(

Tractionless1

Established Member
Refi your house right now to get one of these. As the OP said a few months ago NEVER doing another run. It's the only way to get a crank supported oversized lower. I just put mine on 2 weekends ago, albeit with ceramic idler bearings. It sat in my garage since the group buy, should have done it long ago. When I picked it up (same specs.) it was between $1,000 and $1,100 shipped. IMO being the only way to pick one up is through the market used and the limited numbers, I feel $750 is giving it away.

John, How many total (all pulley sizes) were produced?

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
Currently running a 2.75 upper.

to keep the same boost level you could run a 3.1 to 3.25, somewhere in that range would be a close approx blower rpm speed. The nice thing is, you eliminate belt slip that some people experience running small blower pulleys (not saying that you have that problem but if you did, this would help)

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
Damn I want this. Wish I had the extra cash. Glws

thanks Gabe!...glad to see you got your engine and parts back, i was keeping an eye on that thread

Refi your house right now to get one of these. As the OP said a few months ago NEVER doing another run. It's the only way to get a crank supported oversized lower. I just put mine on 2 weekends ago, albeit with ceramic idler bearings. It sat in my garage since the group buy, should have done it long ago. When I picked it up (same specs.) it was between $1,000 and $1,100 shipped. IMO being the only way to pick one up is through the market used and the limited numbers, I feel $750 is giving it away.

John, How many total (all pulley sizes) were produced?

Keith, i believe we did a total of 26 puleys. 8 of those had the 6 pin driver but only one had the new 4140 steel center drive piece (the one im selling). The only other "rare" one is a 10 rib set-up that someone requested.

Tractionless1

Established Member
thanks Gabe!...glad to see you got your engine and parts back, i was keeping an eye on that thread

Keith, i believe we did a total of 26 puleys. 8 of those had the 6 pin driver but only one had the new 4140 steel center drive piece (the one im selling). The only other "rare" one is a 10 rib set-up that someone requested.

Thanks for the numbers. I have 1 of 8 then :coolman:

Yours with the 4140 drive should definitely sell fast, I'm surprised it's not gone yet. GLWS, and thanks for undertaking the project in the first place! :beer:

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
Pulley is now sold, thanks for everyones interest and thanks SVTP!

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
Damn ..... I was on the fence about calling you John. However, I know where another sits

Someone just got a primo piece !!!

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
Yeah, these are really cool pieces and a great idea overall, it just sucks that when you start getting into custom pieces like that the cost of making them are just astronomical.

Hopefully I'll see ya at the buckeye Stangs show if the weather is good

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
Doubt I'll go to the B.S. show. It would be too much drama, unless I'm in the mood for it that particular day, lol. I'm trying to head up to Woodward though with some local guys I'm sure you know.

Keep in touch bud, I still got your number in my phone I think ? ... I'll buzz/text you sometime ......

Users who are viewing this thread