F/S 19" HRE polished 542's w/toyo rubber

LunaticSVT

Fun with the Mammoth
Established Member
Steve, I sent you an email as you typed that out. lol. It is basically stating that they were clearcoated. Local shops are hacks etc.

The prices that I got quoted from HRE were after I stated they were polished and clear coated 542's.

Their prices they quoted me are as follows.

stripping and ...

applying standard HRE Powdercoat on the center - $200 per wheel
High polished center - $200 per wheel
Brushed Aluminum Center w/clearcoat - $275 per wheel

Labor Charge for wheel inspection/disassembly and reassembly - 100/wheel

Replacement R series outer 285 per
Replacement R series inner 225 per

864svt

powered by svt
Established Member
I have not recieved 1 email from with pics or anything, you have both my cell and home # did you think to follow up with before coming on here like this? And yes you did tell me 3 arrived 1 was damaged, 2 others which where rears where fine. You say 1 had carboars on the back of the rim, why on earth would I do that? Wouldn't that make you think someone tried to re package them? I guess I screwed up with the insurance and claiming it for only 1000 but I was thinking I was helping so you didn't get knicked with more fees. It was not Saran wrap it was shrink wrap I can go and take a pic of it right. Your saying I didn't get back to you well that's true cause I didn't recieve an email from you of the pics or any other info you say you sent.

LunaticSVT

Fun with the Mammoth
Established Member
Claim what you want about not getting them. I know what I did, I have emails outbound and the records from my own server showing they were delivered from my server to your hotmail account. There have been zero rejects sent to my server so it has not bounced back.

I sent txt and emails. No response, means I go another outlet to get a response. I told you 3 arrived and 1 was visibly damaged while on the phone with you as that one had NO cardboard on the face of the wheel at all. It was located on the back. The others had the cardboard on them. I told you exactly that. I also stated to you that I have not opened them up, so how in the hell could I have even said they were fine???? I have magic xray vision?

I unwrapped them after getting off the phone with you and was taking pictures with the Iphone as I was not going to put you on hold while I was taking pictures with it. I even told you that I would take pictures after I got off the phone with you as my wife had our digital camera and I had to use the iphone. I did not place you on hold to take the pictures. The original pictures were from the iphone after getting off the phone with you.

As you can see in the picture below that none of the wrapping was touched/removed on the two which are on the floor. Odd how I could tell you that they were fine without even taking off the tape and everything...again xray vision I suppose.

img_013.JPG

That is how they arrived as I got them from UPS and I supposed that magically once again I was able to tell they were fine while on the phone with you without looking at them? Yeah right.

Also, I recall from your PMs that the only clearcoat that was coming off was on the rear of one of the wheels themselves.

i will take a bunch of pics tomorrow for you post them on photobucket then send you the link..the clear coat peel is only on the back side of the rim, no blemishes on the front, or even close to the front, the tires now have about 150-200miles on them now, but no track time or anything like that..

As you can see on the front lip of ONE of the Rears...

rear0001.jpg

And here on this spoke...

rear0005-scratches.jpg

Looks like there is more than just the rear of the wheel itself. Now I know that this would not have been caused by shipping. Nor would have the following....

rear0002-flaking-cc.jpg

I am sure that you failed to see those when you told me about the only peeling happening on the rear of the rim.

rexisme

Established Member
how about you read the truth before you start cutting people up?

Truth is read. If you're such a man like you state, do what is right. Not all that happened during shipping,you're absolutely insane if you think so. You more than likely knew they were shit when you sent them and figured they could be fixed for $1k bucks so you tried to blame it on shipping. You figured insurance for the full price would of sent a red flag. Why should this guy suffer because you are a complete moron? I mean seriously. I cant believe you had the audacity to charge what you did for these rims. They look like shit. Sell the blower and compensate the dude some money or just sell it and give him a refund.This should be moved to SD.

Last edited:

venomous99

Established Member
dude that blows...and the seller should acknowledged he f'ed up on the packing..u can spend $1000s on engine parts but if you end up using crap bolts dont expect it to last long..same can be said here about $60 on shipping material but using painters tape to finish it off.

on the bright side, most of scratches can be polished and buffed out and actually for thse kind of wheels i prefer having no clear coat cuz they usually pit anyways and dont give the wheels the luster you're looking for. as far as the bent wheel that surely was created by a pot hole.

864svt

powered by svt
Established Member
Truth is read. If you're such a man like you state, do what is right. Not all that happened during shipping,you're absolutely insane if you think so. You more than likely knew they were shit when you sent them and figured they could be fixed for $1k bucks so you tried to blame it on shipping. You figured insurance for the full price would of sent a red flag. Why should this guy suffer because you are a complete moron? I mean seriously. I cant believe you had the audacity to charge what you did for these rims. They look like shit. Sell the blower and compensate the dude some money or just sell it and give him a refund.This should be moved to SD.

for 1 thing i have been helping, read the email he posted i said i am willing to help, shipping facked them up not me. but im a stand up guy so i told him am not leaving him hanging, everyone is thinking im facking him around and thats not whats happening, personally i think John should have called me as he has home# and cell# instead of doing this, if i didnt help then by all means call me out, please ill start the thread, until then, everyone needs to chill, maybe i didnt use proper tape, i'll admit that? was a mistake im human, second you dont know me so fack off, third those rims had knicks from stones thats it period. if i wanted to do an insurance job i would have insured them for more than 1k a$$hole i bought these rims i know what they are worth, move along.

864svt

powered by svt
Established Member
to all others, read this, i didnt recieve an email till this morning from John and i replyed that i got it, its not in junk mail or anything. I told John I feel shatty for what happened but believe me it wasnt my intention. I am going to pursue with the claim then help $$$ if and when it comes to be. until something comes up that iam facking him over not willing to help. stop cutting me up guys, its not needed, give me a chance to help.

61mmstang94

Established Member
for 1 thing i have been helping, read the email he posted i said i am willing to help, shipping facked them up not me. but im a stand up guy so i told him am not leaving him hanging, everyone is thinking im facking him around and thats not whats happening, personally i think John should have called me as he has home# and cell# instead of doing this, if i didnt help then by all means call me out, please ill start the thread, until then, everyone needs to chill, maybe i didnt use proper tape, i'll admit that? was a mistake im human, second you dont know me so fack off, third those rims had knicks from stones thats it period. if i wanted to do an insurance job i would have insured them for more than 1k a$$hole i bought these rims i know what they are worth, move along.

You claim you're a stand up guy, but you haven't done anything to prove it.

So you do admit to not properly wrapping and protecting the rims for shipment.

We might not knwo you, but your posts and the your responses to the pictures sure tells us quite a bit about what kind of guy you are.

The rims have much more than just a few rock knicks. They are swirled, bent, clearcoat is peeling off, etc. To be honest, they look abused and like shit. The damage to those wheels doesn;t look consistent with damage doen through shipping. It looks like you had a worn out set of wheel (allthough a very beautiful wheel design) and figured you'd sell them sooner than later and get your little KB.

I would be ready to come find you if I was the OP and paid that much for those things considering how much repairs will cost.

ATFPat

Established Member
I read some of this last night. I had something happen where the shipping basically damaged my item. I m happy I had a good buyer and we could work it out. Theres too much to even read in this tread.

Worst thing, sell them to me ha.

864svt