Extremely confusing problem with my car (video)

impactblue

Established Member
I have tunes from 2 different tuners.

I have ruled the tune out

When I use the breaks. Downshift even try to slow using the ebrake. Sit on a hill facing downhill. Pretty much anytime the weight of the car is transferred forward it goes into limp mode. It's bizarre

It gets a few codes about throttle circuit voltage low And sometimes a code that says stuck shut. Naturallyyou think it's the throttle body. But It's not I replaced it and it made no difference. I replaced the roush wire harness for the throttle body. It is still giving me problems and is impossible to drive

ba0a66f5438bdea08c04a1cf88f6dcd6.jpg

https://youtu.be/aUps_RnL4zc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaun@AED

What do you mean short to ground? Like the system isn't grounded?

No, like one one of the wires has a short to the chassis. For instance pulling a wire thru a hole in the fire wall and the sharp metal of the hole strips the insulation off the wire so the bare wire is now touching the metal of the chassis. That's a short to ground.

impactblue

Established Member
No, like one one of the wires has a short to the chassis. For instance pulling a wire thru a hole in the fire wall and the sharp metal of the hole strips the insulation off the wire so the bare wire is now touching the metal of the chassis. That's a short to ground.
I'll go through the wiring again. Car is new. Had 4500 miles on it when The tvs was installedt. Car was perfect. I redid the harness connectors for the throttle body when it said throttle circuit stuck. I just don't know what could possibly cause this to happen when the car slows down

impactblue

Established Member
Just spent hours taking it appart. Looking for any cuts. Checked the ground. Moved all the wires away from metal. Removed the vacuum hoses and checked them. Put it all back and it made no difference

I don't know what to do about this thing

REDS197

Established Member
Check all the 5v power sources. Thats what the TB uses and it sounds like one is grounded.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You have more issues with your cars than anyone I have ever seen.

Yours was the one that caught on fire too, right?

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
....you painted the throttle body while it was on the car?

impactblue

Established Member
So true. OP, this is the second wiring issue you've had in less than a month? I'd stay away from used parts. Sometimes saving money isn't worth the headache. And take parts off the car before you paint them.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...eed-everyone-s-oppinions-Limp-mode&highlight=

Sometimes buying new is worth it for sure. But I know it's going to be something extremely simple. Its just hard to narrow down a problem that makes no sense

....you painted the throttle body while it was on the car?

no the tb was removed and everything taped properly When the car started acting up one of the first things I did was replace the to thinking I messed it up. I'm not an idiot, don't want paint all over the place

And yes my last one was the one that caught on fire and had more problems than I even realized back then. This new s550 drives completely different. This current car has been perfect I think It's one of the best cars I've ever owned. The problem will be something simple. There are just a lot of places to look for something that Is so small

Last edited:

impactblue

Established Member
You have terrible luck.

It's a part of my life. The bad luck has grown on me. Can't help but laugh about it sometimes because it's just un explainable It extends beyond cars.

We had a bad storm here in Houston My neighborhood never has standing water. But apparently our drainage pumps got hit by lighting and the streets turned into a pond. I lost my z06
277acc9dea2c715ba1f94cece1eb5bc8.jpg

That's my most recent run of luck lol At least everyone's kids had fun playing with the water.

impactblue

Established Member
You have terrible luck.

Believe it or not I find this stuff more annoying than you do. only reason I post is because I'm out of ideas. This forum is full of savages. It's usually best to stay away from this place and just read from a difference

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is some shit luck.

I have a friend that owns the Ford store in Navasota, he said they missed a lot of the weather, but Houston got drilled.

impactblue

Established Member
That is some shit luck.

I have a friend that owns the Ford store in Navasota, he said they missed a lot of the weather, but Houston got drilled.

It was crazy man. A lot of idiots came out of the woodwork. They pulled a lot of cars with cinder blocks still holding down the gas pedal lol. And a handful of people died in the water too
ee5cb683a329692bfed3c01229c41c86.jpg
c6e4c1ac73abdd632ac0658e5521e7eb.jpg
7395d384825e5cd8bf43f5fd1f5691b5.jpg
c8c71c7b66e4c42427b3fd4ddfb0638c.jpg
fddc0978b44e2025d7a22945d536234d.jpg

impactblue

Established Member

336e3785bc011a8d39ad0f743f5eebd4.jpg
fc0d450bda77abd62893719a29b92e66.jpg

Found that when parked down hill this wire is grounded but when facing uphill it's not.

And I took the wires all the way back to the main harness and there are no cuts

On a scale of 0-screwed how screwed am I

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Why haven't you taken it in to a dealership yet?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
An unrelated electrical issue will be covered.

Now, if they pinched a wire during installation, that's a different story.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread