Expensive Paint!

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I've seen that video. I think they mixed up some info between Mystic and Mystichrome. But I'm really not looking forward to having my car painted.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I've seen that video. I think they mixed up some info between Mystic and Mystichrome. But I'm really not looking forward to having my car painted.
Why not Bob? What are your concerns? Price of paint? Quality of the job? Time car will be down/in posession of someone else? Paint match?

Just curious.

When I had my 65 painted I was most concerned about the overall quality of the job. This time around my concern was my abilities lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Why not Bob? What are your concerns? Price of paint? Quality of the job? Time car will be down/in posession of someone else? Paint match?

Just curious.

When I had my 65 painted I was most concerned about the overall quality of the job. This time around my concern was my abilities lol.

Just the price of the paint. By the time it happens the quality and down time will have been dealt with. I think we've discussed my plans for when the time comes.

muscleatsrice

Established Member
This color is outstanding. I can’t get enough of it.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This color is outstanding. I can’t get enough of it.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
It's becoming my favorite (I don't own one) color. For those who DO own a Mystichrome Cobra, I envy you. It's eye catching, stunning, beautiful, mesmerizing, and more. One of those color/cars you just want to do walk-arounds over and over.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
It's becoming my favorite (I don't own one) color. For those who DO own a Mystichrome Cobra, I envy you. It's eye catching, stunning, beautiful, mesmerizing, and more. One of those color/cars you just want to do walk-arounds over and over.
It's a double edge sword. It catches a lot of eyes. I was towing mine home a couple weeks ago from Az and a guy pulled up next to me to tell me how bad ass it looks. That's cool.

But the other side is dealing with limited interior pieces and expensive paint. I had to have my back bumper repainted a couple years ago and it was about $2k.

I still won't give it up though.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, EXPENSIVE paint is a reality with the Mystichrome. I'd have the same double-edge sword mind-set, for sure.

muscleatsrice

Established Member
It's a double edge sword. It catches a lot of eyes. I was towing mine home a couple weeks ago from Az and a guy pulled up next to me to tell me how bad ass it looks. That's cool.

But the other side is dealing with limited interior pieces and expensive paint. I had to have my back bumper repainted a couple years ago and it was about $2k.

I wouldn’t mind just opening up the garage door, drool over it for a bit then go back inside haha. Maybe I’ll get one some day. Red fire metallic looks awesome in the sun, but does not compare to the mystichrome.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I wouldn’t mind just opening up the garage door, drool over it for a bit then go back inside haha. Maybe I’ll get one some day. Red fire metallic looks awesome in the sun, but does not compare to the mystichrome.

I always go through the garage to get into the house when I get home from work. And I usually have the hood up for various reasons. I go from the paint to the polished Whipple. Hard to complain about it.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member

$2K just to have the rear bumper repainted? Hmmm think I'm going to have to increase my fee when I help you repaint Bob!!!

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member

That's what I used to do with my 65. Go in the garage, start it up, rev it a few times and go back inside with a VERY satisfied feeling lol.

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
I hang out in the garage........this is why.

Garage pictures 001.JPG

Garage pictures 006.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread