Expected: Mach 1 vs 99 Trans Am LS1

Damon03Termi

Established Member
Hate to make a bench race thread but I figured you guys would know best. Just wanted to start a conversation before it happened.
One of my friends just bought a 99 Trans Am with headers, ls7 cam, built trans (m6), and has drag radials on it now. Its never been dynoed.
My car is a 2004 Mach 1. Longtubes, o/r midpipe, shifter, intake, cams, tune, 4:10s, drag wheels. Made 373/352.
Hes really been running his mouth lately about Mustangs. I smoked him when he had a bolt on LT1 when I had an intake and mufflers. So hes wanting revenge.
How do you guys think this will go? Ive heard I can drive my car pretty well if that helps.

Blackoyote

Established Member
For your M1 it sounds like a drivers race, assuming that's all that's done to the TA. But, why not just take care of business with your 2014 GT?

Rios302

Established Member
sounds like this match could go either way but I will go ahead and put my money on the Mach 1 by a car or two. Just make sure his car doesn't have a 100 shot of nitrous and it will be an interesting race. have you run your Mach at the strip?

Damon03Termi

Established Member
For your M1 it sounds like a drivers race, assuming that's all that's done to the TA. But, why not just take care of business with your 2014 GT?
That wouldn't be as fun or competitive

Or the Busa. :D
Now theres an idea! I could leave it in 6th lol

sounds like this match could go either way but I will go ahead and put my money on the Mach 1 by a car or two. Just make sure his car doesn't have a 100 shot of nitrous and it will be an interesting race. have you run your Mach at the strip?

That's pretty much everything that's done to the car. I went to pick it up with him and hes always around. I haven't taken it to the strip yet, plan on making it this year

KushBandit

Established Member
I would say its a drivers race, a cammed LS can be stupid fast.

They certainly can be, but this one's just an LS7 cam. Those are only good for roughly 15-20rwhp but result in roughly 10rwtq loss. My neighbor has one in his LS1 Fbody.

I think its a drivers race.

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Hate to make a bench race thread but I figured you guys would know best. Just wanted to start a conversation before it happened.
One of my friends just bought a 99 Trans Am with headers, ls7 cam, built trans (m6), and has drag radials on it now. Its never been dynoed.
My car is a 2004 Mach 1. Longtubes, o/r midpipe, shifter, intake, cams, tune, 4:10s, drag wheels. Made 373/352.
Hes really been running his mouth lately about Mustangs. I smoked him when he had a bolt on LT1 when I had an intake and mufflers. So hes wanting revenge.
How do you guys think this will go? Ive heard I can drive my car pretty well if that helps.

If that's ALL he has you should take him.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Lol that he has sticky tires on a stock GM rear. Run him best of 5 and you'll win after the second race when he snaps the rear

Damon03Termi

Established Member
Mach 1 all day. Be sure to post up the race after!

Hopefully well have a few videos to go along with the races too!

Lol that he has sticky tires on a stock GM rear. Run him best of 5 and you'll win after the second race when he snaps the rear
Id say the 10 bolt will be the next thing to break! haha blew the trans the weekend he bought the car so its been down since.

Users who are viewing this thread